Highlighted

Dynamic Link AE to New Project?

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a project in Premiere, along with a dynamically linked project in After Effects.

I want to create a duplicate project so I can make some changes to both without changing the original.

I went to each project and did "save as" a new project.

How do I get the 2nd Premiere project to link with the 2nd AE project? This 2nd project is linked to the original AE project. Right clicking a sequence in the new project and selecting "replace with AE composition" creates a new AE project.

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by John V Knowles - WM | Adobe Community Professional

Offline the dynamically linked comp, then relink it to the new AE file.

WM

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dynamic Link AE to New Project?

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a project in Premiere, along with a dynamically linked project in After Effects.

I want to create a duplicate project so I can make some changes to both without changing the original.

I went to each project and did "save as" a new project.

How do I get the 2nd Premiere project to link with the 2nd AE project? This 2nd project is linked to the original AE project. Right clicking a sequence in the new project and selecting "replace with AE composition" creates a new AE project.

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by John V Knowles - WM | Adobe Community Professional

WM

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WM

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 1