• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link and public beta?

Engaged ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the public betas recently made available. I'm assuming, although secretly hoping the opposite, that establishing a Link between a stable app and a beta app isn't possible? For instance, if I want to take a clip in Premiere (stable) and use Roto Brush 2.0 on it in After Effects beta? It would be great if I could choose where to send the Link... to a stable or beta app.

Of course there are multiple variations of this question:

If I have already linked to something in AE (stable), how can I edit it in the beta and then bring it back?

Is it possible to take a project saved in beta (of any app) and decide to open it in the stable one instead, or vice versa?

I have a feeling the answer is... anything done in beta can't be dynamically linked. I have to export it and drop it in the project of the other stable app. Just want to confirm though, before I go that route. If, on the off chance there is a way to use dynamic link, I'd love to know.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a bit of fyi ... I've been working mostly in the public betas, and haven't had any stability troubles. They've just worked. So you might want to try the betas for Pr & Ae, and work with them.

And for more information ... you should be able to open that project in the 'shipping' one also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Good to know. 

So it is possible to, for instance, do what I mentioned in my example above? When working in "shipping" PP, can I right click on a clip to open it in AE, but have it open in the beta AE instead? So that the dynamic link exists between stable Premiere and beta AE? If so, how do I choose which version (stable or beta) to use for dynamic linking? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the Pr & Ae betas. You can work there. Probably without issue. And if there is a problem, you can open the project in the shipping versions.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I think I was misunderstanding you... but I think what you're saying is that dynamic link works between beta of PP and beta of AE, or between shipped PP and shipped AE. Okay cool, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer in the beta FAQ (scroll to the last question in this section after following the link):

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html?guid=7ebfa6c7-8c7c-4564-8...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there.  I'm having some odd issues lately with Premiere 2020.  It lags horribly to the point of being completely useless.  2019 version was fine, but the latest update is not useable. 

I also installed the beta version of Premiere and AE, and they both work fine on their own but using dynamic link just creates a new composition in AE with nothing in it.  I don't know what to do about either issue.

I'm using a laptop with an I7-8700K CPU @ 3.7GHz and 64GB of RAM, and a GTX 1080 video card. I use my system for 3D modeling and CAD work every day, and I frequently use AE and PP, so it is incredibly inconvenient to have this issue with my workflow.

If there is a solution, I would love to know what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines