• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dynamic link BIG issue between AE and PP (CC 2019)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen.jpg

Hello, There seems to be huge problems with dynamic link.

All my old projects with AE are completely invisible (pending) to PP, also when I try to relink them (and, even worse, PP always crash then).

I have to continue working with 2018 version of PP & AE, the new ones are completely useless, by now.

This problem happened with MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Today I installed Mojave 10.14 and the problem remains the same...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Hi theSnarker,

Sorry to hear of your woes.

All my old projects with AE are completely invisible (pending) to PP, also when I try to relink them (and, even worse, PP always crash then).

I have to continue working with 2018 version of PP & AE, the new ones are completely useless, by now.

I have a similar setup and am not experiencing dynamic link issues related to After Effects and A

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue. have deleted all the caches, 2019 is very buggy and playback is horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing this. It's making projects unworkable. Additionally, if After Effects is open while attempting to load a project with dynamic links, AE will return a warning: "Unknown Exception".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news?

Just to be clear: I installed both Premiere Pro 2019 and After Effect CC 2019.

So I have the SAME (2019) version of both software, latest OS (as Adobe suggested), but this big problem remains unanswered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue that I'm running into:

CC2019: PPro to AE (Dynamic Link) Issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me.

I Reinstalled all the Adobe suite. Now, it only works in Premiere when the comp is also opened in After Effects, but as soon as I close it, my AE files in Premiere turn back to black in the monitor, as if they don't exist at all.

And I simply can't import AE comp in Premiere. The only way to have an AE comp in Premiere is to create an AE comp by exporting it from Premiere directly or it won't work.

Dynamic Link seems to be very buggy atm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi theSnarker,

Sorry to hear of your woes.

I have a similar setup and am not experiencing dynamic link issues related to After Effects and AME or Premiere Pro and After Effects. So, not everyone is having this issue. I think we need to find out what's wrong with your specific system.

Since you updated to Mojave recently, the first thing I suspect is that your Adobe folder permissions are wrongly set. Can you try what is suggested in this blog I wrote quite a while ago that still is pertinent?

Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Try these steps and let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin Monahan

Ok, completed all 3 steps.

and…now it works!

Thank you.

(By the way I found this hint, when I tried to solve my problem, but I wrongly thought that is too old (2014) for my issue…)

*I also update to PP 2019 latest patch 13.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These 3 points work in PP. I still have a problem with Dynamic Link in AE -> AME and AE -> PP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I Always install my Adobe CC apps in English, that's (probably) why I solved following those 3 steps.

look at this link, hope it helps:
CC2019: PPro to AE (Dynamic Link) Issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am continuing to have this issue on a Windows 10 PC. I'm entirely unable to work on projects with after effects links. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today I've updated Premiere Pro to version 14.0.1 and there is the old problem back. All the existing connections between After Effects (also updated today) and PP are lost. How could Adobe let this happen again?

Today I've installed PP version 14.0.2. The problem is still existing. All subtitles I've made in version 14.0 and which are based on a dynamic link to a composition After Effects, are useless now. So I have to return to version 14.0 again. So sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines