Highlighted

Dynamic Link breaks EVERY TIME with After Effects into Premiere

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the most frustrating things I've encountered from Adobe Premiere. The Dynamic Link breaks every time I save a project in After Effects. I will save my "linked" After Effects project, go back to Premiere and it breaks the link EVERY TIME. This has been going on so long I just re-link it every time and say "Im switching to Da Vinci". I have the most up to date Premiere and After Effects. 

This doesn't happen just once, or right after I open the program. No names are changed, no locations of projects or files change, just every time I hit save....boom, Premiere blows up.

This is unacceptable from a company like Adobe and I can't believe this hasn't been fixed. 

See link. Screen on the right in AE and then left is PP. You can watch it happen over and over and over again, just like I do!

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dynamic Link breaks EVERY TIME with After Effects into Premiere

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the most frustrating things I've encountered from Adobe Premiere. The Dynamic Link breaks every time I save a project in After Effects. I will save my "linked" After Effects project, go back to Premiere and it breaks the link EVERY TIME. This has been going on so long I just re-link it every time and say "Im switching to Da Vinci". I have the most up to date Premiere and After Effects. 

This doesn't happen just once, or right after I open the program. No names are changed, no locations of projects or files change, just every time I hit save....boom, Premiere blows up.

This is unacceptable from a company like Adobe and I can't believe this hasn't been fixed. 

See link. Screen on the right in AE and then left is PP. You can watch it happen over and over and over again, just like I do!

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate ... it just works here, whether on my desktop or laptop. Typically with this issue there are some things that can be changed on the offending system to get going properly.

The forum that would probably give you the best advice on this is actually the AfterEffects forum, because naturally most of the users there work linking back to Premiere constantly. They've a lot more troubleshooting experience between the two apps than most Premiere Pro users have.

Neil

AfterEffects user-to-user forum

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This never used to happen to me either, just when I went to 2020 I believe.

I had a friend working at my company try it and it happened to him every time as well. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate that too. Does it happen with all AE projects or this specific one?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All AE files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving in AE  before switching back to Premiere?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I make any change and quickly hit Save, then go back to Premiere. 

This didn't happen awhile ago. I think Premiere Pro 2019 it still works fine, but it crashes too much to use. I chose the lesser of two evils. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same thing happen in After Effects when I save in Premiere.  And sometimes when I reload the Dynamic Link, it errors so I have to delete and re-import.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0