• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic link broken with AE 2020 and Premiere 2020 software except base versions.

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have major ongoing issues with dynamic linked templates in Premiere and AE 2020.

There are a few posts about this, but I'm yet to see any feedback or solutions that work, and I've not seen anything that shows Adobe is adressing this problem.

We use dynamically linked AE templates to control our bugs, lower thirds and classifications for all our promo content.  They are created so that text changes and bug/class symbol changes can be made through the Premiere Effects Control tab. We have been doing this for many years with no issues, but when upgrading from final CC2018 AE and Premier versions to CC2020 verision we encountered issues as the links no longer worked in new versions.

The issues I encounter are listed below, but the 'Media Pending' error is the most consistent one.

- 'Media pending' message that never goes away.

- No option to edit text through the Effects Control tab at all within Premiere.

- Text appears and is editable, but once changed it dissapears from the comp.

- 'Unexpected data type' error in After Effects that won't go away.

The templates themselves work perfectly in all the versions of After Effects, but dynamically linked to Premiere they fail.

I have tried the following things to fix the issue:

- Clearing all caches and settings.

- Uninstalling all Adobe software, running software cleaner then re-installing.

- Re-importing and re-linking AE templates into Premiere template project (several times).

- Testing the dynamic links with various combinations of Premiere 2020 and AE 2020 versions.

None of the above have worked to resolve the issue, and the only advice I found on this was that the base installs of AE and Premiere 2020 don't suffer from this problem.

That keeps us working, but it's not a fix to the problem, and it means we're locked to staying on the most buggy version of the software.

If anyone has more information on either how to fix this problem, or if Adobe is actually looking into fixing it I'd be very greatful to hear about it, as I've spent countless hours trying to problem solve this and am getting nowhere.

Cheers!

EDIT:  Just added a few screenshots to show the 'media pending' and 'enexpected data type' errors.  These are taken from Premiere 14.1 and AE 17.0.6 which is actually ginving me both of these issues, so seems worse than some other combinations.I am on Catalina 10.15.4 at home, but pre-catalina on work computers that also have same issues.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 08.53.48.png   Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 08.52.49.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Dynamic link is not working anymore. And I have also all my Premiere projects with After Effects files linked and impoterd in the timeline. The only solution I found is to keep open After Effects on the Comps that you are using in Premiere. I know that is not the best solution but in this way it works. 
Be carefull that if you are using different Comps form different AE projects, you need to keep open all the projects in different instance of AE. 

I hope that Adobe will fix it as soon as possible (NOW), because in this ways is impossbile to work. I think this will be another reason to switch to other and less buggy editing software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, got the same, all my dynamic links are now broken.  Only way to fix is open multiple instances of the AE files whilest the premiere file is open.  Hope this gets fixed soon.  I should have known not to update adobe software, mid project..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These updates are driving me crazy.
Last week did an Apple update that was not ready for public use
it had bugs in it.
Had to uninstall and reinstall my op system with the help from an Apple Tech.
Now my audio isn't working in Premiere Pro.
Great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I've just tried rolling back to many older versions to try and fix this Dynamic link issue, and still doesnt seem to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed the same and I still have the same problem. 
It's crazy and unbelievable that Adobe has not yet fixed this iusse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue/s.

I'm sick of it. I am having the same problem and now have lost a few days of work try to fix Adobe" failure. I'm absolutely stuck and can't get work done. I've also sought the same remedies as you and to no avail. You just stay stuck. We shouldn't have to pay for their mistakes and then have to go out sleuthing to find a fix. What do I do? Clients look at me when this happens and think I'm the one who's at fault. I need a fix to get this video out on time.

I've been to this rodeo before with Adobe. How long do we the subscribers have to wait till we get yet another fix so we can get our work done? 

I did all the uninstall reinstall. Going back a few upgrades to this I installed this to see if this one will work. Since I have to get a project out I'm waiting 5+ hours till this gets turned into a movie. So far so good. No warning signs and audio could be heard. I praying this export gets done in the above stated time. 

Update  5+ hours later:

Using the reinstalled version 14.2. This seems to have worked.

There is no device error messages, audio isn't skipping or just not working. Rendering doesn't go from example 2 hours to 3 hours, down to 1 hour, then 8 hours then 5 hours, then 13 hours, you get the gist. I've got a 17 min video that I needed so I can continue with editing.

To do this fix, go to your Cloud Creative Suite install page. Look for the Premiere Pro install icon. To the extreme right, there are a series of three dots. Click on this a window will drop down and you see a few older versions of this software. Install a version that works for you.   

Hope this works and thanks for putting up with my being irritable 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel for you. I'm having the same issues and can't get work out. It's frustrating as hell!

Good luck to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue... still i see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't expect anything from adobe business support on this. We've been unable to update 2018 projects ever since the 2019 versions came, because dynamically linked clips got broken. The workaround of reimporting of course loses any changes to the clips on the timeline, which chiefly for us is a concern for text.

Reached out to adobe support stating that this workaround is losing us a lot of time and we would really like a fix - after a couple of weeks they have what they seem to think is a great suggestion - reimport the clips. Gosh, it's like talking to a brick wall. Just say if you can't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines