Dynamic Link - Can't import AE project into Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro: Version 14.3.0 (Build 38) // latest version

After Effects: Version 17.1.1 (Build 34) // latest version

What I want:

I want to import an AE project file into Premiere Pro. Usually Premiere Pro gives you that panel which shows all the Comps and Objects within the AE project. That's where I want to select my comp which I want to embed into Premiere Pro to do further editing via dynamic link.

What I get:

I hit IMPORT in Premiere Pro, select the AE project which I want to import. DATA IMPORT LOADING PANEL pops up. Nothing happens. No Progress. No blue loading bar. Nothing. Premiere Pro freezes.

What can I do?

Thanks for helping out.

All the best.

Sascha

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dynamic Link - Can't import AE project into Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro: Version 14.3.0 (Build 38) // latest version

After Effects: Version 17.1.1 (Build 34) // latest version

What I want:

I want to import an AE project file into Premiere Pro. Usually Premiere Pro gives you that panel which shows all the Comps and Objects within the AE project. That's where I want to select my comp which I want to embed into Premiere Pro to do further editing via dynamic link.

What I get:

I hit IMPORT in Premiere Pro, select the AE project which I want to import. DATA IMPORT LOADING PANEL pops up. Nothing happens. No Progress. No blue loading bar. Nothing. Premiere Pro freezes.

What can I do?

Thanks for helping out.

All the best.

Sascha

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well you could render out in AE and then bring the file into premiere.  Not ideal, but it's a work around.  maybe do a save as in AE and delete everything else but the comp and pertinent assets and try that project...  maybe put a clip into a premiere sequence and "replace with ae comp" and then replace the contents of the ae comp in ae with your actual ae comp.  Just throwing things out...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mgrenadier,

thanks for your productive and correct input.

Surely workarounds do their job, but I actually want to stick to my routine - Create visuals in AE from scratch and import in Premiere Pro. And due to the fact that this is supposed to work I am hoping to find a solution.

I got rid of the Caches, no improvement. Premiere Pro is still freezing.

Any other ideas? 😞

All the best.

Sascha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try the other things I suggested?  If they work, they may provide some clues.    Can you post a very simple ae project with assets and I'll see if it opens on my sytem in premiere?  maybe as a dropbox link...  Never simple to diagnose these things from a distance...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is basically happening with EVERY project. Even if I create one for PP and AE from the scratch. Still not working 😞 There must be some kind of technical issue and I hoped some of you may have had a similar experience.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please in a systematic fashion, tell us your experiences trying the things I suggested.  Can't tell you how many times that I've tried to help people and way down the road you find they just didn't think something was important or dismissed the idea out of hand.  And as I asked, can you create a simple ae project and post it so I and perhaps others can see if there's something wrong with it...  All you're doing is telling people it's not working...    and you know, everyone makes mistakes, sometimes they're big ones, sometimes they're subtle...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since I don't work in this fashion, I just did a test.  created a new ae project and a 1080 29.97 comp, created a grey solid and animated it and saved the ae project.  Imported fine in premiere.  I also "saved as a premiere project" and that opened fine.  that might be a good troubleshooting test to see if that works...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True!

You can find the project files here. 

1 AE comp which includes 1 solid.

1 blank PP file.

Open PP file - try to import AE project - PP freezes. No chance. Very strange.

What I just noticed - I saved the AE project as a PP project. But if I open that PP project, Premiere Pro asks for components of 3rd party hosts. I have no clue where that comes from all of a sudden. It does work though but that message confuses me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2020 0