Highlighted

Dynamic link doesn't sync

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I use Dynamic link between Premiere and After Effects a lot and most times it works fine. But in some cases, when I've moved a project (I keep all my files in the same folder) to an external hard drive and then back to my editing drive some time later, Dynamic link stops working. Every time I click "Edit Original" in Premiere the correct AE project opens, even though it might already be open. Any change I then do is not synced to Premiere until I restart both programs. Any clues to why?

The only thing I can think of in these cases is that I might have updated the PR and AE software between when the projects were created and when I start to work on them again. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dynamic link doesn't sync

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I use Dynamic link between Premiere and After Effects a lot and most times it works fine. But in some cases, when I've moved a project (I keep all my files in the same folder) to an external hard drive and then back to my editing drive some time later, Dynamic link stops working. Every time I click "Edit Original" in Premiere the correct AE project opens, even though it might already be open. Any change I then do is not synced to Premiere until I restart both programs. Any clues to why?

The only thing I can think of in these cases is that I might have updated the PR and AE software between when the projects were created and when I start to work on them again. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem every time I move Adobe Software to my external hard drive it loses the dynamic link...never had that problem until the update. Seriously Adobe fix the Dynamic Link bugs 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do y'all put your projects back on your editing drive in exactly the same place? Do you move them with any of the Adobe apps open?

You could try putting them back on your editing drive in a different place, which should trigger a prompt from Pr to locate the footage and project files. That may re-establish all the links properly. Worth a try?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try this. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I'd suggest rendering your comp out in AE and then placing it on a higher video track directly above the AE comp in the Premiere sequence.  I generally work this way so I don't have to render the AE comp in Premiere which can be very timeconsuming.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you, but that defeats the purpose of DL, doesn't it? I'd rather have it working as intended

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0