Dynamic link from ae to premiere

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, currently I'm using the most up to date versions of after effects and premiere.

I have one sequence in my project (just under 3 minutes) that has been altered using a dynamic link to after effects, everything has been working fine on both ends for the past week.

Today, when I tried to open the premiere project I get a media pending over the linked sequence and in the assembly workspace the dynamic link sequence has the no connection red line symbol.

After right clicking and trying to link it to the ae file premiere stops responding, when I try to open the project in ae it also stops responding.

Any help asap would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dynamic link from ae to premiere

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, currently I'm using the most up to date versions of after effects and premiere.

I have one sequence in my project (just under 3 minutes) that has been altered using a dynamic link to after effects, everything has been working fine on both ends for the past week.

Today, when I tried to open the premiere project I get a media pending over the linked sequence and in the assembly workspace the dynamic link sequence has the no connection red line symbol.

After right clicking and trying to link it to the ae file premiere stops responding, when I try to open the project in ae it also stops responding.

Any help asap would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties, premiere sequence settings and AE comp settings.

Generally, I render out my AE comps in AE in a high quality format like prores hq and place the exported file directly above the AE comp in the premiere timeline, mainly cause I won't need to render that section... but also cause it allows me to keep working if there are issues with Dynamic Linking which does happen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

System specs are

- 2060 super for graphics

- i9 9900k for cpu

-64 gb of ram

Im running windows 10 and am working in premiere 14.7

Below I have attached my sequence settings in premiere. Sadly I cannot open the after effects project. If I could, I would export it like you suggested.

Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - E__Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save_heathermain2 1_2_2021 12_26_46 AM.png

Please let me know if you have any tips on how to solve this I am super stressed at the moment since the project is for a client.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attach the ae project to your reply and I'll see if it will open on
my computer..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2021 0