Highlighted

Dynamic Link from After Effects Plays Too Slowly in Premiere.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

The project I am editing in Premiere contains several compositions that I originally created in After Effects then included in my Premiere sequences via dynamic links.

I am still modifying the various AE compositions. So, it seemed that my workflow would be simpler that way—as opposed to rendering those AE compositions into .mp4 or .mov files and then importing those into Premiere.

But, now, those dynamic links are playing back extremely slowly from within Premiere. Even when I just casually move the playhead across such a link, those imported AE compositions are processed so slowly they could almost be considered broken. It makes the dynamic links all but impractical.

Is there some way to (substantially) speed up the processing and playback of such dynamic links? Maybe there’s some setting in AE that needs to be changed?

Topics

Anywhere, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dynamic Link from After Effects Plays Too Slowly in Premiere.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

The project I am editing in Premiere contains several compositions that I originally created in After Effects then included in my Premiere sequences via dynamic links.

I am still modifying the various AE compositions. So, it seemed that my workflow would be simpler that way—as opposed to rendering those AE compositions into .mp4 or .mov files and then importing those into Premiere.

But, now, those dynamic links are playing back extremely slowly from within Premiere. Even when I just casually move the playhead across such a link, those imported AE compositions are processed so slowly they could almost be considered broken. It makes the dynamic links all but impractical.

Is there some way to (substantially) speed up the processing and playback of such dynamic links? Maybe there’s some setting in AE that needs to be changed?

Topics

Anywhere, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that your existing Dynamically Linked AE comps are playing back 'slower' than they once did? Or just that they are slow in general?

Slow in general is normal and dependant on the complexity of the rendering required. 

You can of course 'preview render' your AE comps in Premiere Pro to speed up later playback and editing.

Assuming nothing weird is going on with you system (and there may well be :(, getting substatially faster performance from dynamically link comps comes down to faster processors/graphic cards/ and maybe some more system memory (ram).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines