• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic link is painfully slow after update

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated PP and After Effects and now my dynamic link is terrible. If I ALT-TAB between them, it takes 20-30 seconds for the Premiere timeline to update. I also updated my Nvidia driver to Studio. It's still awful.

Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you saying you have after effects and premiere open at the same time with the ae comp open in ae and you're making changes in ae and when you alt-tab back to premiere that's when it takes so long to update?

Might help if you tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are open simultaneously. 

Window 10 64 bit

AMD Ryzen 3700X

32 gigs of ram

Nvidia 2080TI

Premiere Pro 14.8

4K timeline with Canon H.264 footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

does it always take a long time to switch between the programs or only after you've made changes in AE?   I'm assuming the h264 footage is 4K.  That's a nasty format that requires enormous computer firepower to play.  You might try transcoding to something like prores.  Also, I usually render out my ae comp in premiere and place directly above the AE comp in my premiere timeline.   Might be worth a try to see if it improves your performance.  You might check how the memory is allocated between adobe software and OS and other software in preferences: memory.  And you might make sure no other programs are running...   but gotta say in my experience, alt-tabbing between ae and premiere has been pretty quick.  I've done a few very intensive projects with this workflow but not recently...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines