Dynamic Link not functioning in Premiere Pro 14.7

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Dynamic Link issue is still not fixed. Right now, I have an imported AE comp imported in PP. Everytime I change something in the AE file and save it, the link in PP breaks, the clip turns red.

This bug is what... about 10 years old now??

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dynamic Link not functioning in Premiere Pro 14.7

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Dynamic Link issue is still not fixed. Right now, I have an imported AE comp imported in PP. Everytime I change something in the AE file and save it, the link in PP breaks, the clip turns red.

This bug is what... about 10 years old now??

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PierreDaniel,

What are the precise versions of Premiere Pro and After Effects you are running? I don't seem to see the same problem you are.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin for your reply.

I'm using PP 14.7 and AE 17.5.1 on a Macbook Pro 16" with macOS 10.15.7 Catalina.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning from San Francisco, Pierre!
I have the same setup, but still running Mojave. No problems as I just did a test. I wonder if it has anything to do with Catalina? What format are you editing? Is it H.264?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

Acually, I'm editing footage from my Canon C300 Mark II, but I'm pretty sure that this is not the issue here.

I could insert a still image (JPG) in my timeline just as well and import this AE comp. As soon as I make some changes in AE and save the file, the link is broke, the clip is red, and I have to relink it...

Greetins from Switzerland (evening and winter 😉

Pierre

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
MyerPj LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pierre and Kevin, greetings from Los Angeles. 🙂

I created a new title in AE, just text, imported that into an existing PP project, put it over a clip and all was well. Saved it with a change and it appeared immediatly in PP. Even without saving it, in either program, the changes appear right away.

Win 2004

AE 17.5.1

PP 14.7

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0