• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DYNAMIC LINK NOT WORKING AFTER UPDATE

Explorer ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, again, again . . . The programmers have FAILED yet again with an update. Just updated the 2020 suite yesterday. Dynamic ink between Premiere and AFter Effects is now NOT working. Adobe is wasint my time AGAIN. I hate ADOBE. I really, really wish, hope and dream another compnay competes and destroys Adobe. EVERY update introduces new PROBLEMS. Every, damn, time. Why? Why do this to customers? Why ruin something that was working? Do the programmers need to justify their paychecks? Why? WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED? Is anyone at Adobe listening - AT ALL? Tried ALL variations of re-linking - nothing.

And guess what?? The Dynamic link to AE through Media Encoder doesn't work either! The programmers don't actually test ANYTHING before uploading an update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And guess what?? The Dynamic link to AE through Media Encoder doesn't work either! The programmers don't actually test ANYTHING before uploading an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since you say you updated the 2020 suite, you should have the same version of both softwares,

but please make sure that you have the latest updates for both After Effects and Premiere Pro.

If so, you can try clearing the cache on both. in premiere, preferences - media cache - delete unused.

in after effects go to Edit - Purge - all memory and disk cache.

If clearing cache does not work, try to delete all render files related to that project in both as well.

If nothing of the above works, try to check if you have GPU acceleration enabled in both programs,

or switch both to software only renderer.

If none of the above works, try rolling back to a previously working version for dynamic linking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

  

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 12.57.40 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 12.58.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the latest updates. Cache already cleared. Rebooted. Cleared PRAM. Done everything you guys blame first instead of maybe you got it wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one is blaming, this is a user to user forum and we are users like you trying to help.

please try and follow the correct answer in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder/dynamic-link-components-not-installed/td-p/107250...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and vote here please so that Premiere Pro team will look into this:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/40386421-fix-premiere-pro-d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Very, VERY annyoing to say the least!
Renaming that folder doesn't do any good here either 😕

I rolled back to PR 14.0.4 and AE v17.0.4 and the problem is "gone".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you vote the link i posted? the more votes we get the more we will get the team's attention

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. And thanks for linking to that 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel the same pain. The newest version of Pr and Ae don't seem to be able to to get dynamic link to work. I found one crappy solution of keeping Ae open when you add the files to Pr and keep open during the final render in Pr. This was not an issue in older version or Pr and AE. I'm going back to an older version until Adobe can get this right for their usere.They seem to be biting the hands that feed them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are 100% sure that premiere pro and after effects are the exact latest version and build,

vote please: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/40386421-fix-premiere-pro-d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I found the solution. After trying several solutions, what worked was resetting After Effects, Media Encoder and Premiere preferences, in that order.
I found this out after installing a new plugin in AE, and the dynamic link stopped working.
It just came back and has been working for a while with no problems after I did the steps above. Good luck to everyone.
PS - CC2021 on Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for sharing!

yes resetting the preferences seems to solve a lot of issues as a first step to go for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines