Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dynamic link not working

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

dynamic link is not working between PP and AE ... It opens a new AE project when selected, the composition icon is there, but there's nothing on the timelime, no video no nothing ... even more annoyingly when I try to get customer support using "chat" it seems that option isn't open to me !

Any ideas??

I'm sitting in an edit getting mighty frustrated....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey AlanEHoward,

Sorry for your issue with dynamic link.

Dynamic link works between same versions of the applications.

What is the exact version of Premiere Pro and After Effects that you're using? FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

What kind of a computer do you have? Which OS?

How are you trying to send your Premiere Pro footage to After Effects?

even more annoyingly when I try to get customer support using "chat" it seems that option isn't open to me !

That would happen when:

1. You don't have a Creative Cloud subscription
  2. You are not logged in with the Adobe ID that has the subscription associated with it

Let us know.

Thanks!

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez,

I am having the same problem. After updating to the newest versions of AA (15.1.0, build 166) and PP (12.1.0, build 186), my AA motion graphic template no longer works and when I try to re-link it, PP tells me that I need to install AA—which of course I already have.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have listed this as bug issue earlier today. If yous end footage from the Premiere timeline, a new comp is created in AE, but the comp is empty.

If you have an existing link already in the timeline, Premiere says you need to install AE even though AE is installed.

Then there's the host of Audio issues that I listed in the Bug section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro how does this solve anything? So you're saying it might not be working because he isn't signed in? If you're using Creative Cloud I'm pretty sure the only way apps work is if you're signed in. Not the other way around. Dynamic Link has been so hit or miss and for something that should speed up workflow it actually slows it down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the latest versions of both premiere and after effects. For some reason I always get the error message After Effects: Failed to connect to dynamic link project, when I am trying to get my after effect edits back into premiere pro. Please help me fix this, I have had previous versions of both of these programs work flawlessly, and do not understand why this is happening and it is prohibiting me from completing my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem. really frustrating. I'm using the 2020 version. had no problem with the previous version  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm beyond frustrated by this linking issue. Adobe CC is not inexpensive, and this buggy garbage is adding cost to my production. If your product doesn't work as described, at what point is this considered fraudulent?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed 100% - Spend more time in Adobe chat support than editing in Timeline!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Dynamic link is not working anymore. I'm using the 2020 version for AE and PP on High Sierra 10.13.6.

I had no problem with the previous version. So I try to reinstall them without any changes. I don't get any error message, but when I do some design modifications in AE, they don't appear in PP. 
Thanks
Stegggs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not working even for the same versions of applications. All 2020, not wroking between AE and Media encoder. Worst is that AE lost option to export video in mp4 format so I have to use prores and export it again as mp4. what a waste of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I literally used it to export from After Effects to Media Enconder a few days ago. I tried again this morning and I keep getting an error that says "Could not connect to Adobe After Effects. Please Verify that Adobe After Effects and Adobe Dynamic Link components are installed". That happens when I try droping the AE project into Media Encoder. When I try going straight from After Effects using the Composition menu I get this error: "After Effects: AEGP Plugin AEDynamicLinkServer: Adobe Media Encoder is not installe. Please download and install it to use this feature. Go to creative.adobe.com/apps  ( 5027 :: 12)

How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pudiste solucionar el problema de dinamic link cuando vas a renderizar de after a encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a while that I'm having issues with dynamic link. It's crazy. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. I'm on mac catalina and all adobe apps are up to date. I can't import aep, unless the project is opened in after effects. And if I close the AE project it stop working on premiere. Even the rendered preview is lost. How can anyone work like that??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to uninstall and install the previous versions of pp and AE.
uninstall preferences. Even then, there was a delay with Dynamic link but
at least it sort of worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AlanEHoward,

Are you still having trouble with this issue? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having trouble as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that seems to work for me is to reinstall Premiere and AE 2019.  The new verstions are really not compatible with the old workflow.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe resolved this? I'm stuck in production due to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to the latest version of PP and AE &AME and it seems to be
working; my comps are updating in PP when I make changes in AE. If it does
not work for you, again, try to de install and install a previous version.

~DHPD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it seems to be a pertpetual probleme with NO SOLVING!

I've paid all my suscriptions since years! (saying cause seemed to be a question asked to some one else)

I've all my after effect and media encoder at the same version (installed AND updated AT THE SAME TIME DIRECTLY from creative cloud) and my dynamik link doesn't work anywhere... Niether to media encoder, neither to 3D tracker...

I'm on a window 10. This is a pro machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here on an M1 Max Mac. I used Creative Cloud Cleaner to unintall all Adobe software and reinstalled everything using Creative Cloud. Dynamic Link is still stalling and crashing Premiere or After Effects.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having huge problems with DL with Prem and AFX since updating both software's to the latest versions.

Everything was fine pre-update.

Constant crashing, nothing happening when trying to bring in AFX comps into Prem. Sluggish performance, endless "Media Pending" screens in PP which never manage to connect, just endless crashes and total non-responsiveness...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  When you try to link to an AE composition you created with the 2019 verison, it just doesn't se it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm also facing this problem with dynamic link when I try to bring AE compositions into PP. Actually I did it several times in a PP project but suddenly it stopped working.

My creative cloud also shows a problem saying that if that persists I should download the installer again and reinstall CC. Already did that 3 times, it works for a while but then.... Same problem.

Please Adobe fix this! I just bought your monthly subscription...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines