Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Link - Premiere Pro - After Effects

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Hope you can help me please, I am relatively new to Premiere Pro and completely new to After Effects.  I am trying to use the dynamic link feature in Premiere Pro to access the video noise reduction Effects in After Effects.   So right-clicking on a clip in the Premiere Pro timeline, and selecting "Replace with After Effects Composition".

The Premiere Pro clips I have tried this on have very simple effects applied to them.

* Lumetri - input LUT (I'm working with DJI Dlog footage) and some exposure adjustments

* Some in addition to the above also involve Warp Stablizer applied within a nested sequence that is then sped up

In all cases, the issue I'm having is that the clip when it is opened up within the After Effects composition loses all of the edits I had made to it within Premiere Pro.    ie it is like the raw unedited footage, so no exposure adjustments, no input lut hence flat and distorted

My understanding is that this shouldn't be happening.   Whatever clip/sequence I select to dynamically link should appear in After Effects with all my PP edits appled.   Is that correct?

I am using the latest versions of Premiere Pro and After Effects CC, on a Macbook Pro 2019 16", running OSX Catalina.

Edited sequence with input LUT and exposure corrections

richardisaacphoto_0-1609056900178.png

As it appears in After Effects

richardisaacphoto_1-1609057025834.png

With Dynamic linking in Premiere Pro

richardisaacphoto_2-1609057190329.png

Thanks for your help and merry Christmas all,

Richard

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ann, 

The final screenshot is below - from After Effects.  Thanks!

Richard

richardisaacphoto_0-1609068146639.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines