Highlighted

Dynamic Linked After Effects files and imported MP4's don't play in Premiere playback

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've suddenly encountered a problem where Premiere does not read either an imported Mp4 filed rendered from After Effects or a Dynamic Linked After Effects file. Apologies if this doesn't make sense, because I've been going crazy trying to figure this out.

All I'm doing is simple text animation, and while clicking the file shows what the clip SHOULD look like, it does not show up in the Premiere version. I took a screenshot which is posted belowhelp1.png

I first discovered this when importing an MP4, and assumed I messed up the render settings, but the animations shows up when the file plays in VLC. As seen above when I click on the MP4 file in the timeline, the split-screen shows the animation, but in the final composition it simply does not show up, as if it was muted or turned off.

With the dynamic link, the After Effects file remains untouched, and I originally assumed this was a problem originating in After Effects, but since an MP4 is being affected by this as well, I am to assume this is a Premiere problem.

vvvvvv this is how the clip should look like, screenshot taken inside the original AE filehelp.pnghelp2.png

^^^^^^ but this is how it looks when paybacked in Premiere, as if there's no file there at all (the rose-colored bar is the dynamic link)

My coworker also opened the Premiere file on his computer and the problem persists there too, so I'm wondering if its something with the file which can be fixed. We tried restarting the computer, uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere, clearing the cache, resetting the workspace, rendering the sequences, and trying other little things to see if we can work around it. I even tested to see if making a new After Effects composition I the Premiere file would work, but it doesn't show up in the playback.

Any type of advice or solution is MUCH appreciated. If I can't figure this out, the editor will most likely have to start from scratch again. Thank you all for your time.

Topics

Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Export, Import, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dynamic Linked After Effects files and imported MP4's don't play in Premiere playback

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've suddenly encountered a problem where Premiere does not read either an imported Mp4 filed rendered from After Effects or a Dynamic Linked After Effects file. Apologies if this doesn't make sense, because I've been going crazy trying to figure this out.

All I'm doing is simple text animation, and while clicking the file shows what the clip SHOULD look like, it does not show up in the Premiere version. I took a screenshot which is posted belowhelp1.png

I first discovered this when importing an MP4, and assumed I messed up the render settings, but the animations shows up when the file plays in VLC. As seen above when I click on the MP4 file in the timeline, the split-screen shows the animation, but in the final composition it simply does not show up, as if it was muted or turned off.

With the dynamic link, the After Effects file remains untouched, and I originally assumed this was a problem originating in After Effects, but since an MP4 is being affected by this as well, I am to assume this is a Premiere problem.

vvvvvv this is how the clip should look like, screenshot taken inside the original AE filehelp.pnghelp2.png

^^^^^^ but this is how it looks when paybacked in Premiere, as if there's no file there at all (the rose-colored bar is the dynamic link)

My coworker also opened the Premiere file on his computer and the problem persists there too, so I'm wondering if its something with the file which can be fixed. We tried restarting the computer, uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere, clearing the cache, resetting the workspace, rendering the sequences, and trying other little things to see if we can work around it. I even tested to see if making a new After Effects composition I the Premiere file would work, but it doesn't show up in the playback.

Any type of advice or solution is MUCH appreciated. If I can't figure this out, the editor will most likely have to start from scratch again. Thank you all for your time.

Topics

Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Export, Import, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GD,

We need a lot more info on your system and media is needed to get a proper evaluation of your problem. Not seeing your issue here. Can you provide this? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Kevin

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines