Highlighted

Dynamic linking fails after a several hours between Premiere and AE

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having some long days editing recently and sometimes (33%?) when I'm editing in Premiere and have dynamic links in my project back to AE sequences after 6+ hours the AE clips in my premiere timeline will suddenly report that the media is missing. Shutting down all Adobe products and restarting them can sometimes rectify the problem for a time but it seems to be a temporary fix and the AE clips will become disconnected again. Usually, at that point I have to reboot my iMac (2019, 27", 3.6GHz i9, 64GB, Raden 580X 8GB) to get everything stable again - after an 8 hour editing session I'm cranky by this point.

I don't know what causes this issue. The only other symptom seems to be Premiere can't queue to Media Encoder either (Media Encoder is running but Premiere doesn't pass the project to be rendered over - although it will render from inside Premiere itself.). This has been occuring on a couple of machines, different OS versions, over several years and many versions of the ASdobe product athough I'm currently running Catalina 10.15.6 and the latest version of all suite products. I keep hoping the next version of the products will solve it but they never do.

Is this something I should just live with of is there anything I could be doing that's causing this issue? Any pointers gratefully received.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dynamic linking fails after a several hours between Premiere and AE

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having some long days editing recently and sometimes (33%?) when I'm editing in Premiere and have dynamic links in my project back to AE sequences after 6+ hours the AE clips in my premiere timeline will suddenly report that the media is missing. Shutting down all Adobe products and restarting them can sometimes rectify the problem for a time but it seems to be a temporary fix and the AE clips will become disconnected again. Usually, at that point I have to reboot my iMac (2019, 27", 3.6GHz i9, 64GB, Raden 580X 8GB) to get everything stable again - after an 8 hour editing session I'm cranky by this point.

I don't know what causes this issue. The only other symptom seems to be Premiere can't queue to Media Encoder either (Media Encoder is running but Premiere doesn't pass the project to be rendered over - although it will render from inside Premiere itself.). This has been occuring on a couple of machines, different OS versions, over several years and many versions of the ASdobe product athough I'm currently running Catalina 10.15.6 and the latest version of all suite products. I keep hoping the next version of the products will solve it but they never do.

Is this something I should just live with of is there anything I could be doing that's causing this issue? Any pointers gratefully received.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually render out my ae comps and place them on a layer directly above the AE comp embedded in the premiere timeline.    If I need to tweak the comp, I can launch the AE project if nothing else works...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that solution but recent projects have been 100% AE. I'm using Premiere to fine tune the timing, add occaional realtime video and mix audio then render out. Adobe seems to encourage dynamic linking so it should work. It certainly shouldn't work until it gets a bit tired 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0