Highlighted

Easier pan & zoom...?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I recently switched to Premiere from Corel's editor.  But one thing I really miss -- and I'm hoping Premiere has this functionality somewhere -- is the Pan & Zoom editing screen that really makes things easy.   The Corel editor would open up a new panel that showed two versions of the clip you're working on: On the left is the clip overlaid with a box that you could drag around the image and easily resize.  The right side of the screen showed you the zoomed-in or zoomed-out content of that box, so you could easily see the final output of your pans and zooms.  Along the bottom you can set the keyframes.

I realize in Premiere you can drag and resize the image in the preview screen; but it becomes very awkward to zoom in very far because the scale slider in the Motion FX panel just doesn't allow for much zooming in --  so you have to drag the image around to find the blue resizing handles at the edge of the image.  Lots of dragging and searching just to find those handles -- and meanwhile, while zoomed, I can't see this portion in relation to the image as a whole.

I'm sure there are things I can do to make this easier -- the least of which, for instance, might be some setting where I can extend the sensitivity of the scale slider in the Motion Effects panel...?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peru Bob | Adobe Community Professional

You can file a feature request:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Easier pan & zoom...?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I recently switched to Premiere from Corel's editor.  But one thing I really miss -- and I'm hoping Premiere has this functionality somewhere -- is the Pan & Zoom editing screen that really makes things easy.   The Corel editor would open up a new panel that showed two versions of the clip you're working on: On the left is the clip overlaid with a box that you could drag around the image and easily resize.  The right side of the screen showed you the zoomed-in or zoomed-out content of that box, so you could easily see the final output of your pans and zooms.  Along the bottom you can set the keyframes.

I realize in Premiere you can drag and resize the image in the preview screen; but it becomes very awkward to zoom in very far because the scale slider in the Motion FX panel just doesn't allow for much zooming in --  so you have to drag the image around to find the blue resizing handles at the edge of the image.  Lots of dragging and searching just to find those handles -- and meanwhile, while zoomed, I can't see this portion in relation to the image as a whole.

I'm sure there are things I can do to make this easier -- the least of which, for instance, might be some setting where I can extend the sensitivity of the scale slider in the Motion Effects panel...?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peru Bob | Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 08, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Effect Control Panel > FX Motion, you can scrub over the blue Scale value to the right to make it a higher number and to the left to make the scale value smaller. Or, if you click on the blue value you can typ in any value you like. Hope this helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that does help.  I'm still interested if anyone knows a way to see the zoom in frame without losing sight of the image as a whole.  (talking Premiere Pro)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2018 0
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2018 0
Advocate ,
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While there isn't a super user friendly pan and zoom tool, if you have a Mac, there is a free plugin I know of off the top of my head which helps. It's literally called "Pan and Zoom" and can be found in the FxFactory application!

http://www.fxfactory.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jasontcox  wrote

While there isn't a super user friendly pan and zoom tool, if you have a Mac, there is a free plugin I know of off the top of my head which helps. It's literally called "Pan and Zoom" and can be found in the FxFactory application!

http://www.fxfactory.com

Sounds lovely -- I'm jealous.   Unfortunately I'm a Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2018 0
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reduce the zoom level of the Program monitor to a smaller size so you can have more room to scale the image:

ScreenFlow.gif

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Meg+The+Dog  wrote

Reduce the zoom level of the Program monitor to a smaller size so you can have more room to scale the image:

[image deleted by mod]

MtD

Thank you, I didn't think of that.  What would be really nice is if the portion of the image that extends beyond the frame would remain visible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2018 0
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this question about Premiere Elements or Premiere Pro?

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2018 0
bart4545 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's about Premiere Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0