• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easy audio filter fix for this room reverb?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not very audio savvy so I'm wondering what audio filter would be best to fix the "large room" sound (also attached):

Lav audio sample 

This was recorded using a Lav mic. I'd like to make it sound more professional, like it was recorded as close to a sound booth as possible. Any ideas? I tried playing with DeReverb but wasn't getting the right results.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Essential Sound Panel, in the Repair tab, there is a De-reverb control slider.

There is also a De-Reverb effect in the Audio Effects available with Premiere. And they both do a pretty decent job, especially if you don't go too far with them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SPL dereverb plus, UNVEIL dereverb, and Rx izotope are 3 of the best 3rd party plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, I fully agree with chrisw44157881 above - those tools are about as good as it gets for this.

That said, removing room sound from a reverb is extremely difficult as it is like trying to unscramble an egg yolk from the omelette mix and how well it will work is going to depend entirely on the source material. If you are trying to remove room tone then there is another option that may help:

Record just the sound of the room to it's own track (using the same Lav mic), and add this to your project on it's own audio track & flip the phase on the room tone. That should subtract the room tone from the rest of it, but artificial reverb is a whole different animal - good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines