Highlighted

Easy way to convert sequence markers to clip markers? (probably not, huh...)

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just placed multiple spanned markers on a multicam sequence. It's the only thing in that timeline so far.

Then I realized... wah wah waaahhh... That I actually need those same markers on the audio clip of the multicam itself (as clip markers)... but with a catch:

Say, for example, my first marker starts at 10 seconds in the multicam. It's when a certain musical note is hit. But, double clicking the multicam opens up the source sequence... and we see there that the actual audio clip doesn't actually start until 3 seconds in. So... that certain musical note actually sounds at 7 seconds into the audio clip, but 10 seconds into the entire sequence. Hope that makes sense. Probably doesn't.

I need the markers on the multicam, for reference in video editing, but I need those same markers on the audio clip itself, so I can find those notes and make some changes to the music in my DAW (a separate action). The thing is... I need the markers on the audio clip shifted over as well (starting at 7 seconds instead of 10).

Is it possible to:

1. Copy and paste the sequence markers to a clip as clip markers?

2. Select multiple markers (perhaps lasso) and move them forward/backward together? Or is there another/better way to do all this?

My wife tells me I do everything the hard way. Sorry in advance.

Topics

Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Easy way to convert sequence markers to clip markers? (probably not, huh...)

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just placed multiple spanned markers on a multicam sequence. It's the only thing in that timeline so far.

Then I realized... wah wah waaahhh... That I actually need those same markers on the audio clip of the multicam itself (as clip markers)... but with a catch:

Say, for example, my first marker starts at 10 seconds in the multicam. It's when a certain musical note is hit. But, double clicking the multicam opens up the source sequence... and we see there that the actual audio clip doesn't actually start until 3 seconds in. So... that certain musical note actually sounds at 7 seconds into the audio clip, but 10 seconds into the entire sequence. Hope that makes sense. Probably doesn't.

I need the markers on the multicam, for reference in video editing, but I need those same markers on the audio clip itself, so I can find those notes and make some changes to the music in my DAW (a separate action). The thing is... I need the markers on the audio clip shifted over as well (starting at 7 seconds instead of 10).

Is it possible to:

1. Copy and paste the sequence markers to a clip as clip markers?

2. Select multiple markers (perhaps lasso) and move them forward/backward together? Or is there another/better way to do all this?

My wife tells me I do everything the hard way. Sorry in advance.

Topics

Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly what you are asking, but his might give your some direction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yndlLEi9_g

Copy & Paste Sequence Markers in Adobe Premiere Pro CC This new CC 2018 feature allows you to include Sequence Markers when you're copying and pasting betwee...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jampff LATEST
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! I love the VideoRevealed tutorials, and I saw both of Colin's other ones on markers, but somehow I missed this one.

I think I'm going to have to make the playhead jump to the beginning and ending of each sequence marker, and then add clip markers, one at a time, at those timecodes. Was hoping to avoid the one at a time thing. Oh well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines