Edit a Microsoft Teams meeting video in Premier Pro

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get a high quality render from a Microsoft Teams video using Premier Pro? Please advise! What would the best settings be? I keep getting a compression message and/or bad video quality. Please help.

TOPICS
Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Edit a Microsoft Teams meeting video in Premier Pro

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get a high quality render from a Microsoft Teams video using Premier Pro? Please advise! What would the best settings be? I keep getting a compression message and/or bad video quality. Please help.

TOPICS
Editing, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have managed to get my video into Adobe Premier Pro 2020 and don't see bad quality in any messages.

But when played inside the preview of Premier or even exporting it out the video is missing frames and looks choppy. If I play the video natively in Windows Video player doesn't look as choppy.

Any suggestions on settings when dragging the video into the Timeline or Export settings?

2020-12-17_14-50-19.png

In the properties of the video in Premier I see thsi

Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 111.30 MB
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 8.00
Source Audio Format: 16000 Hz - Compressed - Mono
Project Audio Format: 32000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Mono
Total Duration: 00;14;33;22
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0
Variable Frame Rate Detected

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a very low frame rate. That may be at least part of the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but i wouldn't expect putting it through Premier to degrade it more than it was before. So I'm suspecting its a setting thing, maybe that at 8FPS I should be setting my video not to 24FPS output? Maybe I should just have my output at 8FPS?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting at any more than the source frame will result in intermediate frames being duplicated or interpolated. Yes, that's a problem.

Mediainfo shows the framerate as 10. I would also look at that. Is that the source footage property or the sequence you placed it in?

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the Mediainfo shows the original recording downloaded from Microsoft Stream which is where Microsoft Teams saves the recording.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0