• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Clip in Adobe Audition not working 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typically Control Click on my music bed track, choose Edit Clip in Adobe Audition and it opens the clip in Audition for me to make adjustments.  This no longer functions in 2020 - it opens Audition but doesn't bring the clip into the software.  Please help - I know about the work arounds, but that workflow is simply broken, but very useful.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Audition had an update today...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...which did not address the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here with PPro edit clip in Audition. Nothing happens, Adobe where are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, still broken. I'll say it again, will we get a credit for paying for something that doesn't work the way it should?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to call right now and essentially ask for one. Thank God I have FCP at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, since they still don't reply... I am already testing Davinci Resolve 16 and FCP. Will defintely switch. It's cheaper in the end as well 😉 It really bugs me that these crazy bugs keep appearing in updates. Big fail, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes! I'm having this same problem, too. Latest CC 2020 versions-- brand new Mac Pro tower... and can't get any work done.

ADOBE-- HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same trouble here. When I choose Edit in Adobe Audition I can see Premiere Pro preparing the sequence, but nothing happens. Latest versions of all Adobe software and working on an iMac Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, this is a significant issue--what's the word? (PP and Audition are up-to-date on my machine)

2020-03-12_7-25-30.png

By the way--a work-around is:

1. Unlink the audio file (if working with composite video/audio source) -- r-click > Unlink
  2. Double-click the unlinked audio track on the timeline. This should bring up the audio track in the source monitor.
  3. Select the source monitor panel--should be highlighted with a blue outline (in the default UI color scheme anyway)
  4. With that audio source panel selected, pick File > Export Media.
  5. In the Export Settings dialog, specify an audio format in the Format field, and other settings, as needed.
  6. Export that audio file
  7. Do the necessary edits in an audio editor, and save
  8. Import back into PP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problen now. All CC apps is up to day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution:

back to previous ver Audition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply right-click the audio clip and select 'Edit clip in Audition' from the context menu. Do the changes, save the AU project and back in PP it is updated.

PP 14.04
AU 13.04

First off, without the actual AU and PP version numbers, help is not possible. "up-to-date" and "up to day" simply are not good enough. If you can't be bothered to go to the help/about screen... oh, mac or pc would be nice too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....Most up to date Audition and Premiere and not working. Both for 2020 and 2019 versions.

This problem was happening with After Effects, but was fixed with updates. Send to Audition not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue. I fixed it. 

PP version 14.1

I had to reinstall an older version of Audition. Then it worked perfectly just as before. 

AA version 13.0.4.39

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

It worked with 13.0.4.39, and with 13.0.5.36 -- maybe there was an update with PP that fixed the issue for 13.0.5.36?

Dunno. Point is, for me, all is good.

5/13/20 11:26 AM PT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! I thought I had the same problem just now but I think I realized the real problem. 

Just like everyone else, when I click "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition", Premiere makes an "Audio Exrtacted" version, and auto-opens Audition, BUT IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE CLIP. Personally, I'm used to seeing the Carribean color on Audition files and it just doesn't change. But when I edit the clip in Audition and save, the changes are reflected in Premiere. Pretty confusing for me, but I guess I does technically work now (at least for me)

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is enough to start premier as administrator and audition opens normally. To start as administrator, on the premier icon, right click and then choose start as administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated and I am trap in this issue/problem.

Weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It´s not weird, for reasen unknown the Edit Clip in Audition has not worked and does not work and will not work, even if You update everything or downgrade everything. Sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we limit or elaborate on answers like these? Simply stating that there has been "an update today" or pointing to an update niether resolves the issue nor does it confirm that the issue has been addressed. Unless the update has been applied and proven to fix the issue - by the original poster - pointing to updates is irrelevent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?

Pointing to updates is totally relevant. Try the new version, see if it's fixed, it's one of the first things to do. You'll not find a fix to the old version ever. So, when there is an update, it's the first thing to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reread my post. Just stating that there is an update isn't. The update in question did not even address the issue. True, updates are required to fix the issue but just doing a drive-by "there's an update" isn't an answer. It took three (I believe) updates to address this problem. The actually problem with this reply is it was flagged as the answer...when it wasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<pointing to an update niether resolves the issue nor does it confirm that the issue has been addressed>>

If it was the third of 3 updates <<I believe>>, then yes, it was relevant and the proper answer. I did read it. As a software developer, in order to talk apples to apples the common ground is the current release. I can assure you, they aren't going to release an fix to version 4 when version 4.1 has addressed the issue. If you are using 4.1, and the problem is still there, then the developer needs to have a (futher) look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You didn't read my post. I don't dissagree with you. You are talking past me. Move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with original poster: a statement "there is an update..." is not an answer to the question. 

"Update 13.2.1 fixes the issue by _______" IS an answer that is clear and actually helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines