• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit multiple audio tracks separately

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have footage from an Sony FS7 that has at least 3 active audio tracks.

I want to be able to edit any of the source tracks to any of the tracks in the timeline.

It used to be no problem, I could target each source track to whichever track in the timeline I wanted.

But after updating PP now either the audio is locked as one souce track ("A1) to track 7.

( in the souce monitor you can see 3 separate audio tracks)

or

when I create a sequence directly from a clip I can only get  one audio track in the timeline and this time assigned to a1.

Anyone? Im going nuts

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to change the way clips audio channels are read.  select the clip in the bin and go to the clip menu and "modify" audio channels and change the way the audio channels are mapped.  I don't think this will effect any clips that are already edited into a sequence.    Not positive on this, cause I rarely have to deal with this issue, but I seem to remember this will work..  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your suggestion!  I checked it out the options in "Modify" and it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 15.15.02.png

 So looks like the tracks are distributed normally?

When playing a clip in the viewer I can see that there is 3 tracks with sound on - from clip-mic, shotgunmic, internal-cam-mic.:

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 15.16.00.png

But the available audio sources looks like this now: 

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 15.23.42.png

 So only one audio track as option.

I just want what Im used to: That all available audio tracks show as options to distribute in the timeline.

Can it be because Ive attached proxies - and that the proxies make a bug or something?

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check to make sure the proxies have 7 tracks.  I was never able to generate proxies for FS7 files.  Well, they would generate but they wouldn't attach.  that was a few years ago, so it's possible they've tweaked something in later versions of premiere.  The workaround I found was to generate proxy files but unlink the camera original, and relink to the proxies.  When I was ready to output, I'd relink to the camera original.  But I never needed more than 2 channels of audio...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, seems like they only have 1 audio track, Ive now tried to detach them to only have the full size originals but I still have the same problem even though Ive never changed the settings of them - all used to work fine. Dont really feel like starting all over and building up the whole folder structure again as Im editin a series and have already sorted a lot of material and have many sequences.

I think this might be the drop, Ive might have had it with PP, Im sorry to say. Its just not intuitive enough or intelligent enough for me, a lot of chrashes, expensive considering workarounds that people have to do dont get fixed for years, dont follow up on user requests for years and years.

Maybe this was the push I needed - Im trying out Da Vinci Resolve for this.

But thank you for your swift  effort to help me out mgrenadier. appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize I have to stick with PP for now because I have too many pressing deadlines - cannot learn a new software in time.

So back in the rodeo 🙂

Ive tried changing the audio channels and found out it needs to be like this:

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 08.55.29.png

Then everything looks normal again. But this is without any proxies attached. I guess I need to make proxies with the same amount of tracks as the originals. Does anyone know what kind to make to guarantee that it works for MXF-files made by Sony FS-7, and do I have to make different proxies for each other video format present in project? I also have files from Sony A7sii and drones, as well as a couple of other formats. Do all of them have to have their own kind of proxies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not make proxies for fs7 materia that would stay attached and i
spent alot of time trying. But I was able to make it work by relinking to
the proxies and then relinking to the camera original for the final
export. There's something weird in the fs7 file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing if PP hasnt come up with a solution for a camera format that has been one of the industry standards for years. Im guessing more there is something weird in PP. IM going to keep trying for now, as I have a deadline, but phew wish I could use all this time creatively instead. No fast harddisks can be bought locally where I am editing so proxies seems to be my only hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem ! how to fix it 😞 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines