Highlighted

Editing a Zoom Call For a Video Podcast

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies if this question has been answered before, but a quick search did not turn up exactly what I was looking for.  

I am looking for advice about the best way to do (something like) the following:

• I have a Zoom call with two participants
  • It's basically an interview for a video podcast
  • I would like to switch the focus back and forth between the participants.  So when one speaks their window grows and moves to the centre while the other participant fades out.  Then, have both back on screen at times, then switch to the other participant, and so on.  
  • I don't want it to be too busy but since there are often minutes at a time when only one participant is on screen, I would like to remove the distraction of having the other participant there just noddinf their head.
  • I could probably figure out some ways of accomplishing this, but I was hoping to ge some pro-tips not only on how to actually accomplish it, but also some ideas on work flow etc.  This is a task that I think I may end up doing repeatedly on clips that are 30 minutes long so figuring out an efficient method would be helpful.
  • I would not classify myself as an experienced Premiere user, but I have done enough to know my way around the interface, thought not enough to be familiar with many advanced techniques.
  • I also have After Effects and have used it a bit, if that would be a better platform for this kind of work, feel free to let me know.

Thanks, in advance for any help and advice you can provide.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Editing a Zoom Call For a Video Podcast

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies if this question has been answered before, but a quick search did not turn up exactly what I was looking for.  

I am looking for advice about the best way to do (something like) the following:

• I have a Zoom call with two participants
  • It's basically an interview for a video podcast
  • I would like to switch the focus back and forth between the participants.  So when one speaks their window grows and moves to the centre while the other participant fades out.  Then, have both back on screen at times, then switch to the other participant, and so on.  
  • I don't want it to be too busy but since there are often minutes at a time when only one participant is on screen, I would like to remove the distraction of having the other participant there just noddinf their head.
  • I could probably figure out some ways of accomplishing this, but I was hoping to ge some pro-tips not only on how to actually accomplish it, but also some ideas on work flow etc.  This is a task that I think I may end up doing repeatedly on clips that are 30 minutes long so figuring out an efficient method would be helpful.
  • I would not classify myself as an experienced Premiere user, but I have done enough to know my way around the interface, thought not enough to be familiar with many advanced techniques.
  • I also have After Effects and have used it a bit, if that would be a better platform for this kind of work, feel free to let me know.

Thanks, in advance for any help and advice you can provide.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2020 0

Have something to add?