• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

editing captions is using my typed letters as keyboard command

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will start by saying I love the new transcription feature.  It is the first time I have been excited about a new feature in any adobe product in more than a decade.

That said, I am running into issues.  I created a closed caption track, and I need to edit the text (the transcription is far from perfect so I do have a lot of editing, text editing that is, to do)

When I double click on text I need to change, it opens it up like I can edit. when I type the letter s, it takes me out of edit mode and moves me to the next caption.  Did nobody need to add the letter s to a caption when this was in beta?  

I tried attaching a screencapture but it says I dont have permission to do so, so you'll just have to take my word for it (sigh).

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working correctly for me. And I can't find a way to get your problem.

Are you editing in the Program Monitor or the Text Panel?

What kind of Closed caption - 608?

Sorry you couldn't attach a screenshot. Were you trying to attach a file? Or using the picture icon in the editing bar (the preference anyway).

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the text panel, here is a screen grab. 

I have a piece of text ready to edit, when I type the letter s, I would expext the blue hilighted text to be replaced by the letter s.  However, when I hit the s, that text remains as is, and item 454 gets selected.

s.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is very odd. I tis not closed caption: "subtitles" in the new workflow is Open Captions.

But that should not effect this behavior.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines