• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing simple text effect through script glitch

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im editing simple text effect through a script when I set value its fine, but when i play the edit it tacks on random symbols and numbers to the back of the text and when I stop the edit and it loads all the way through its my normal text. 

I first started through importMgrt but it was taking forever to import 100+ seperate motion graphics (even though they are just text)

Not sure what this may be if anyone has thoughts that would be helpful.

Thanks,

dt

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

I can reproduce the results you're seeing; it's working that way because the data type of the param containing the text is _not_ a String; it's an Arbitrary param type, which just happens to start with a String. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a snippet of ExtendScript that reproduces the behavior you describe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for (var a = 0;a < clipitem.components.numItems;a++){
    if( clipitem.components[a].displayName == "Simple Text"){

clipitem.components[a].properties[5].setValue('test');

i can put any kind of string in that setValue and i get 'test$#^&#%^$#'  random ascii symbols whenever i play it and at rest it will go back to 'test'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To pursue that further, I'll also need the .mogrt in question, and instructions on how to set up the test case. 

PProPanel's .mogrt button behaves correctly, right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-I have a clip in my sequence

-I add 'Simple Text effect' from Effects

-Then in my extendscript any clip that has a simple text effect id like to programatically change the text value in that clips effect. 

I can change it but it leaves alot of ascii characters and junk while playing the sequence and when i stop the sequence it changes to correct value.

Let me know if that helps its not a specific .mogrt to my knowledge just the simple text effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the results you're seeing; it's working that way because the data type of the param containing the text is _not_ a String; it's an Arbitrary param type, which just happens to start with a String. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to go about this to acquire desired results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue, can you elaborate on what you mean by Arbitrary param type? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Arbitrary data type param = not a defined, documented parameter type. [Sorry, don't mean to sound pedantic.]

That param is, for the moment, a blob of JSON that informs the .mogrt; we don't guarantee that the data format won't change, in future versions. I think if you were to use .mogrts created in AE, it would work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines