Highlighted

Editing Text Layer Deselects It So I Can't Edit Text in Premiere Pro CC 2020 on Mac

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example Of Problem

I've been trying to edit a title for the past 2 hrs. I've tried reinstalling Premiere, changing the Graphics Preferences, changing the Device Control setting to None (as I was having that "a low level exception occured device level 4 premiere" problem, which I've since resolved), but the inability to edit my Title's text is ridiculous. There's nothing out there on this problem so I'm making this post. Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Elliot

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Editing Text Layer Deselects It So I Can't Edit Text in Premiere Pro CC 2020 on Mac

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example Of Problem

I've been trying to edit a title for the past 2 hrs. I've tried reinstalling Premiere, changing the Graphics Preferences, changing the Device Control setting to None (as I was having that "a low level exception occured device level 4 premiere" problem, which I've since resolved), but the inability to edit my Title's text is ridiculous. There's nothing out there on this problem so I'm making this post. Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Elliot

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that doesn't look right. You can try resetting prefs or a reinstall (which is usually pretty painless via CC app)

You can post some of your hardware specs and mac OS version just in case someone in here recognizes it as an issue affecting a certain OS version or something. I haven't been working on a mac for a while so I'm not as caught up on their quirks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might try creating a new project and importing the old project into the new project.  You could also try and export your sequence as a premiere project and see when you open that if the problem is solved...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 1