Highlighted

Editing titles in Program monitor triggers keyboard shortcuts

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be brain dead, but how do I avoid this insane behavior? I'm using Essential Graphics, (I miss the legacy titler, nicely sandboxed) I cannot edit the title listed next to the T in the EG layers area. The Title tool is lit. When I hit letters J, K, L, I, O, etc while editing the title in the Program Monitor, Premiere obediently plays, marks or otherwise or destroys something in the timeline. I go to the Keyboard chart and there's no OFF button to temprorarily disable shortcuts.

This is right up there with the DVD tray being mistaken for a coffee holder.

I'll be able to laugh out loud when somebody clues me in to the obvious fix.

Best, as always,

Loren

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Editing titles in Program monitor triggers keyboard shortcuts

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be brain dead, but how do I avoid this insane behavior? I'm using Essential Graphics, (I miss the legacy titler, nicely sandboxed) I cannot edit the title listed next to the T in the EG layers area. The Title tool is lit. When I hit letters J, K, L, I, O, etc while editing the title in the Program Monitor, Premiere obediently plays, marks or otherwise or destroys something in the timeline. I go to the Keyboard chart and there's no OFF button to temprorarily disable shortcuts.

This is right up there with the DVD tray being mistaken for a coffee holder.

I'll be able to laugh out loud when somebody clues me in to the obvious fix.

Best, as always,

Loren

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines