Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing video clips in different layers

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,
Thank you for your helps. I appreciate it.

Please, I have many video clips in one layer. But when I try to click on it to edit, it click the layer above. How to solve it? 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

If all your layers are of the same size as the sequence double click will select the topmost layer and you can't select the layers beneath it unless you use the timeline and effect controls as I mention before, but if your layers are smaller in size you can single click using the mouse directly on any layer after double-clicking the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you are trying to select a clip in the program monitor and it selects the one that is on top?

If so: select the clip in the timeline, then in the "Effect Controls" panel press on the word "Motion"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ali.

Yes but is there faster? because I have long timeline and it take long time to do these steps for every clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of your timeline and program monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all your layers are of the same size as the sequence double click will select the topmost layer and you can't select the layers beneath it unless you use the timeline and effect controls as I mention before, but if your layers are smaller in size you can single click using the mouse directly on any layer after double-clicking the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines