Editing with Proxies only

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 4k project where I've created proxies through Media Encoder. What I am hoping to do is have an editor work remotely, but only send them the proxy files. 

Has anyone had any issues reconnecting the full res media later on in an online?

I did a test, where only the proxy drive was mounted, upon launch I let the full res clips go offline and just connected the proxies, made some edits, and then opened up the updated project on the original machine and Premiere found and batch loaded all the full res files (on the online drives). So I'm hopeful there will be no issues...

Any insight would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good question to think about before getting started. Will your editor be working in a 4K sequence, as well? Or the proxy files' dimension sizes? I guess my question is if the editor does any scaling with proxy files, will that scaling apply the same when you reconnect the proxy files back to the original 4K? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Brandon. So I'm not too worried about the editor doing much scaling if any. Originally the sequences that have been created are set to 4k. But they don't have to be from here on out. Basically I just want to ensure the smoothest online process possible. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines