• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effect requires GPU Acceleration

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i add a few effects (10) in Premiere Pro the Message "Effect requires GPU Acceleration" appears in my Video. I have a AMD Radeon RX 5700XT and GPU Acceleration is active and works. What can i do? Premiere is latest Version and Radeon is also latest software Version.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it can just come down to the order of things. You have a good chunk of VRAM on that card so I'm assuming that isn't the issue. You can try shifting something to an adjustment layer or nesting, to help break it up. Maybe you want to render and replace to bake some of the effects out so you're not trying to do all of that processesing at once - or going back to my first statement, even playing with the order the effects take place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you make AMD Radeon RX 5700XT and GPU Acceleration is active and works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a GPU installed, and can use any option other than "software only" in the Project settings dialog for "Mercury Accleration" ... then your GPU is recognized by PrPro.

The message you are getting comes up also (from comments from engineers here) when there is insufficient vRAM available for operation at hand. If you have 10 effects applied to a clip, several of which use the GPU, you may simply be overloading too many GPU-intensive effects for processing at once.

So that is why the above comment suggested nesting. That breaks the processing into chunks as far as PrPro and the hardware are concerned, processing the stuff within the 'nest', then processing separately the stuff outside the nest.

And something I see fairly often here, is people that will apply say video noise reduction, Warp stabilizer, and 2-4 instances of Lumetri to a clip. And then, they speed-ramped it all.

Woa.

That will knock out any heavy iron, let alone the rigs most people actually work on.

So for that kind of work, I suggest as do many: apply the noise reduction (typically Neat) or the Warp stabilizer. Do a render/replace to a full "digital intermediate" codec like Cineform,  DNxHD/R, or ProRes 422. Then do the next step or two, then nest the clip, then the last one.

Ten effects applied at once may simply be way above and beyond reasonable expectations.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The error "Effect requires GPU Acceleration" happens when you place any "GPU-only" effect (VR* in this case) before any CPU-only effect in render pipeline. When this happens, the app will use CPU-render for all effects that are placed before the last "CPU-only" effect. Even if the effect in question can be rendered by GPU it won't be in this case. More about it here:

Order of filters/effects and drop in CUDA-rend... - Adobe Support Community - 10510537
Now, most of gpu-accelerated effects can be run on a CPU as alternative, but some like VR-* are GPU-exclusive. Hence the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines