Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Efficient codec with multitrack audio?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya!

I'm trying to export a file with multitrack audio. I'm used to exporting all of my videos in h.264 or h.265, but they don't support multitrack for some reason, so now I'm stuck. My other options look like ProRes or Quicktime, but the filesizes on both of those are gargantuan compared to h.265 and I don't especially care about the image quality (The videos will be uploaded to YouTube later on at 1080p60. There is another step in the interim period that requires both the video and the audio to be baked together and for the audio to be multitrack).

Are there any other codecs comparable to h.265 that support multitrack natively? Is there a Quicktime codec I can use that won't fill my hard drive up?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Prores, h.264, and h.265 are codecs. Quicktime and MP4 are containers.

You can export h.264 in a Quicktime container. You won't get as much compression as h.265 but if you don't care about video quality, knock the bitrate down to 2mbps and you'll get a small file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines