• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

elgato pci e hd60 card

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building a new PC and would like to know if The Elgato HD 60 card will allow me to import analog video from old VHS tapes directly into the PC via PP 2020. I have a VHS player that upscales to HDMI. 

I have 30 years worth of family videos that I would like to capture, compile, edit and export using Premeire Pro and all of it's features. I realize Adobe probably can't recommend certian brands, but I'd rather ask than do trial and error installing and re installing different cards 

Thank you

john

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

...from old VHS tapes directly into the PC via PP 2020. I have a VHS player that upscales to HDMI

By @John5C3F

You can capture diretcly in Premiere Pro if you have a capture card from Blackmagic Design such as the Intensity Pro 4K. This card has HDMI input so you can connect your HDMI output from you VHS player directly to the card. The card has analog inputs as well.

If you buy it, go to Support Center | Blackmagic Design and download the latest Desktop Video package since the one provide

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide , Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Are you sure the Intenisty Pro 4K device will capture old VHS tapes without a TBC? I image it will work OK capturing from HDMI for the OP but for anyone wanting to capture from S-video or composite I don't think the BMD products will work.

I know the Intensity Shuttle needs a TBC to caputre old VHS tapes. The video below will demonstrate what can happend with out a TBC. The ADVC 110 does not require a TBC as demonstrated in the video below.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

They stopped making TBC since no one uses analogue tape anymore. You might have a TBC built into your VCR that would work. That being said if you are using an HDMI output from your VCR (I never seen a VCR with HDMI) it will be digital and should have some type of TBC already done.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not certain that the Adobe forums are the best place to ask this question, since it's hardware related. However, since you're also asking about Premiere Pro, we'll try your question there and see if someone has advice. Lots of tech savvy people on this site. You could also try a site like Tom's Hardware, which is a good, general, all-purpose site that deals with hardware issues and recommendations.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not be able to use Premire Pro to capture the videos. You might not be able to import them into Premiere Pro either. The cheap USB video capture cards are hit or miss. I used the crazy methods in the video below although it is not as good as the Canopus ADVC 110. The ADVC 110 works great but I think OS X and Windows are stopping support for Firewire/OHCI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't get an answer here, this can be moved to the Video Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not be able to connect a VHS VCR into that card at all. That card has a digital-only input that's only compatible with game consoles.

Note that the HD 60 PRO completely lacks any analog inputs at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. My VHS player upscales to an HDMI output which I intend to input to the HD 60 PRO. Hopefully I can capture witout dropping frames and keep the audio in sync

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a company that converts the tapes to MP4.  They import into Premiere without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X and Windows are stopping support for Firewire/OHCI.

By @Andy 1968

That's why I keep an old computer around to capture from my Canopus ADVC 110 with HDVSplit.

I do have a couple of Windows 10 computers with Firewire, but a Windows update could potentially kill HDVSplit functionality or the Firewire at any time, even with Leagacy drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...from old VHS tapes directly into the PC via PP 2020. I have a VHS player that upscales to HDMI

By @John5C3F

You can capture diretcly in Premiere Pro if you have a capture card from Blackmagic Design such as the Intensity Pro 4K. This card has HDMI input so you can connect your HDMI output from you VHS player directly to the card. The card has analog inputs as well.

If you buy it, go to Support Center | Blackmagic Design and download the latest Desktop Video package since the one provided in the box is older.

ip4k.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the Intenisty Pro 4K device will capture old VHS tapes without a TBC? I image it will work OK capturing from HDMI for the OP but for anyone wanting to capture from S-video or composite I don't think the BMD products will work.

I know the Intensity Shuttle needs a TBC to caputre old VHS tapes. The video below will demonstrate what can happend with out a TBC. The ADVC 110 does not require a TBC as demonstrated in the video below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Andy 1968,
Your link didnt work, but Im looking into TBC and your information. thank
you very much. More input!!! lol
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They stopped making TBC since no one uses analogue tape anymore. You might have a TBC built into your VCR that would work. That being said if you are using an HDMI output from your VCR (I never seen a VCR with HDMI) it will be digital and should have some type of TBC already done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a Magnavox 4 head VHS to DVD recorder. I'll be experimenting with both the analog out and the HDMI output. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines