• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded captions not working

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to export a MXF OP1A (XDCAM 50 codec) file with embedded captions.  We select the option in export but the resulting file has no captions.    If I select the option to generate a sidecar file, it generates a a good .srt file with all the proper captions in it.  Is embedded caption broke in the CC 2021 (15.1 mac) ?

Thanks,
Scott

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

This issue should now be fixed with Premiere Pro 15.3 beta 024+. I verified your supplied Project, along with other frame rate-related failures and the embedded captions now appear in the exported files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that is a pretty major bug for a product used in broadcasting!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By any chance are you using any of the options under the Effects tab in the Export Settings? We do have an open issue with effects applied via Effects tab in Export Settings (eg: Time Tuner, Video Limiter, etc.), that we are working on. A possible workaround is to apply the effect(s) in your Timeline, rather than Export Settings (eg: apply effect(s) to Adjustment Layer in Timeline)

One other open issue we are working on involves Sequences with non-standard frame rates (eg: Variable Frame Rate, 23.98 fps instead of 23.976, etc.). Possible workaround is to create Sequence with one of the available Timebase fps options or use one of the supplied Sequence presets.

If neither of these, any details would be helpful in our investigation.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

none of the effects applied and using the standard 29.97 framerate.  THis happens with the MXF OP1a XDCAM HD 50 NTSC 30p & 60i presets.  The only thngs we change are to embedd the captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you need me to send you any sample projects/exported media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please. PM me a link with sample Projects, original media (if possible) and exported media (if possible).

Also, is this with direct exports from Premiere Pro or queued to Media Encoder, or doesn't make a difference?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should now be fixed with Premiere Pro 15.3 beta 024+. I verified your supplied Project, along with other frame rate-related failures and the embedded captions now appear in the exported files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thanks for the heads up,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines