• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded Closed Captioning Out of Sync on Export

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On PP ver. 15 I am having an issue when I export embedded captions into a MXFop1a file that they start about 20-30 sec. late and drift further out of sync the further you play the file (30 min total). The output file is a 720p 59.94 DF file. This is using a .mcc file so I have tried setting the CC for both 29.97DF and 59.94DF to no avail. If we run the CC as a sidecar file everything is in sync, so we know the caption file is good. It also is in perfect sync on my timeline in PP. I am on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you test the playback of the mxf embedded file? I have had trouble finding a good external playback, so can only test by importing the file back to PR.

I assume the out of sync shows on import back to PR.

I'll try to test this. I am now on 15.1; also Win 10.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are television station using 2 different brands of air servers in our master control and our sister station in another city has the same problem using their servers as well with the same show/file. Thanks for checking it out on your end. I agree it is hard to test the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I've been using Premiere to export TV broadcast for the past 2 years and had zero issues with Premiere until the 15.0 update. I'm also using Windows 10 and exporting a MXFop1a file. The same thing happens where the captions get out of sync and the caption file itself ends 15 minutes early even though it should be 58 minutes long. It does the same thing even if I export a small segment of the file. 

I've tried many different solutions, including trying Drop Frame or Non-Drop Frame captions.  The only work around I can find is to use Premiere Pro 2020 (version 14.9). I have no issues whatsoever with that version. Hopefully Adobe can figure out what went wrong with the update because it's cumbersome to edit in 15.0 and then import into 14.9 to export to broadcast. I'm glad I'm not the only person with this problem. I've been searching for solutions for the past few weeks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's always good to know when others are having the same problem and that it's just not you experiencing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is not a longterm fix, but I think I've found a workaround. If you export the sequence as MXFop1a with a .mcc sidecar file, you can take these two files and load them into a new sequence in premiere. When you export from that new sequence and choose to embed the captions in the output file, the captions should be at the right framerate/timecode in the final .mxf file. As others have mentioned in this thread, you can check to make sure that the captions are lined up properly by loading the final caption-embedded .mxf file into a new premiere sequence. This is a much more time consuming process than it should be, but it seems like I'm not losing any data in the process as the size of the output files remains the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this. I hope it is helpful to other users having this problem.

Does anyone have a link to a uservoice bug report on this?

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not OP, but I have the same issue. Unfortunately, this workaround didn't work for me. I had the same results. But I really appreciate the suggestion! The only workaround I can get to work is using Premiere 2020, but hopefully I can figure something else out in the mean time. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a similar concept of this. I exported my sequence as a ProRes file and imported back into my project added the .mcc to the sequence and exported the whole thing with embedded captions and it did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like a long shot, but figure it's worth mentioning as when there are synch issues the source of the problem is often clips with a variable frame rate which usually occur in screen recordings and material shot on a smartphone.  If so, post back and I'll give you the lowdown or just do some searching here on how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is not an issue for us as we record everything using BM Hyperdecks in ProRes 422HQ, so I know the timebase of our clips is solid. Good thought though as I have had similar issues in sequences using footage from devices such as cell phones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines