Embedding Captions in an mp for upload to Adobe Connect 11

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - it seems obvious from all previous posts on this that Adobe has proven yet again that developing capabilities in parallel across software is impossible in their current configuration. It appears the only two formats in Media Encoder that will embed captions are .mxf and quicktime, neither of which are acceptable uploads to Connect 11. 

So - my question is what software do i need to get my hands on to do this magic? We are not contracting it out, so I'm looking for the best solutions to moev forward from the people who know best.

TOPICS
Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with connect, but looking at some of the documentation, I'm guessing there are two sets of issues. They provide a closed caption pod that provides captioning for live content. They also reference .vtt files, which suggests that some subtitling content is provided by sidecar files.

Can you determine what your actual application would involve?

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more