enable CUDA ?

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found this on cinema5d.com forum:

How to make Premiere CS5 work with GTX 295

Postby marvguitar on 01 May 2010 22:38

I figured out how to activate CUDA acceleration without a GTX 285 or Quadro... I'm pretty sure it should work with other 200 GPUs. Note that i'm using 2 monitors and there's a extra tweak to play with CUDA seamlessly with 2 monitors.

Here are the steps:

Step 1. Go to the Premiere CS5 installation folder.
Step 2. Find the file "GPUSniffer.exe" and run it in a command prompt (cmd.exe). You should see something like that:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device: 00000000001D4208 has video RAM(MB): 896
Device: 00000000001D4208 has video RAM(MB): 896
Vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer string: GeForce GTX 295/PCI/SSE2
Version string: 3.0.0

OpenGL version as determined by Extensionator...
OpenGL Version 2.0
Supports shaders!
Supports BGRA -> BGRA Shader
Supports VUYA Shader -> BGRA
Supports UYVY/YUYV ->BGRA Shader
Supports YUV 4:2:0 -> BGRA Shader
Testing for CUDA support...
Found 2 devices supporting CUDA.
CUDA Device # 0 properties -
CUDA device details:
Name: GeForce GTX 295 Compute capability: 1.3
Total Video Memory: 877MB
CUDA Device # 1 properties -
CUDA device details:
Name: GeForce GTX 295 Compute capability: 1.3
Total Video Memory: 877MB
CUDA Device # 0 not choosen because it did not match the named list of cards
Completed shader test!
Internal return value: 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you look at the last line it says the CUDA device is not chosen because it's not in the named list of card. That's fine. Let's add it.

Step 3. Find the file: "cuda_supported_cards.txt" and edit it and add your card (take the name from the line: CUDA device details: Name: GeForce GTX 295 Compute capability: 1.3

So in my case the name to add is: GeForce GTX 295

Step 4. Save that file and we're almost ready.

Step 5. Go to your Nvidia Drivercontrol panel (im using the latest 197.45) under "Manage 3D Settings", Click "Add" and browse to your Premiere CS5 install directory and select the executable file: "Adobe Premiere Pro.exe"

Step 6. In the field "multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration" switch from "multiple display performance mode" to "compatibilty performance mode"

Step 7. That's it. Boot Premiere and go to your project setting / general and activate CUDA

Hope this helps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Note that this will only work with cards that have 765MB or more of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Your GPU might not be powerful enough. Which kind of NVIDIA card do you have?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh it is. G force 660

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have premiere selected under the 3d settings.

with CUDA I have I have "use these GPUs" and geforce gtx 660 checked.

max pre rendered frames i have "use the 3d application setting"

Multi display/mixed GPU acceleration I have "multiple display performance mode"

Each one of these has th nvidia logo next to it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to run GPUSniffer.exe it opens for a few seconds, showing nothing - and then all the information briefly flashes across the window and it closes itself before I can even read the file.

I have tried opening it multiple times, as an Administrator, with troubleshooting, etc. but nothing is allowing me to actually open this program.

This pretty much renders this fix useless, and I'm desperate to fix this problem - so if anyone has a solution to this bug I'd be very appreciative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind! Fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, haven't been on in a while!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have your problem getting the Premiere Pro MPE to use the CUDA interface ?

De : PeterKMayer

Envoyé : mercredi 30 septembre 2015 22:21

À : Nicholas Cole

Objet : Re: - enable CUDA ?

<https://forums.adobe.com/?et=watches.email.thread> Adobe Community

enable CUDA ?

reply from PeterKMayer <https://forums.adobe.com/people/PeterKMayer?et=watches.email.thread> in Premiere Pro - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/8016497?et=watches.email.thread#8016497>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This STILL works! 5 years later. I added my GTX 760 using this method and viola! cuda enabled. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I did read it, and got to  GPUSniffer.exe" and run it in a command prompt (cmd.exe).

How do you do that.?

The last time I had this issue I did a clean install of CS 5.5.2 and it worked , but, it did mean I had to reinstall the Pro Dad Stablizer, I do not want to do that again ?

Can it not be any easier ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

What version of Windows and what version of Adobe Premiere Pro do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried, and have not been able to get my card "GeForce GTX Titan Black" to work in Premiere Pro CS6 below is what shows in GPU Sniffer, and at the bottom is what shows in my Cuda Supported card text, any help would be much appreciated I am on a Mac. Thanks in advance. Gary

Last login: Sat Nov 25 09:54:34 on console

MacPro:~ MacPro$ /Applications/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CS6/Adobe\ Premiere\ Pro\ CS6.app/Contents/GPUSniffer.app/Contents/MacOS/GPUSniffer ; exit;

--- OpenGL Info ---

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Black OpenGL Engine

OpenGL Version: 2.1 NVIDIA-10.5.2 346.02.03f06

GLSL Version: 1.20

Monitors: 1

Monitor 0 properties -

Size: (0, 0, 2560, 1600)

Max texture size: 16384

Supports non-power of two: 1

Shaders 444: 1

Shaders 422: 1

Shaders 420: 1

--- GPU Computation Info ---

Found 2 devices supporting GPU computation.

CUDA Device 0 -

Name: GeForce GTX TITAN Black

Capability: 3.5

Driver: 7.05

Total Video Memory: 6143MB

Not chosen because it did not match the named list of cards

OpenCL Device 1 -

Name: GeForce GTX TITAN Black

Capability: 1.2

Driver: 1.2

Total Video Memory: 6144MB

Not chosen because it did not match the named list of cards

logout

[Process completed]

CUDA SUPPORTED CARD TEXT.

GeForce GTX TITAN Black

GeForce GTX 285

GeForce GT 650M

Quadro CX

Quadro FX 4800

Quadro 4000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since CS6 does not support two GPU's you might try removing one card to see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have one card and I know it says two, but I only have one Titan GTX Black maybe it says that because I made a copy of the text file as a safety measure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried renaming your second text file with some thing on front of the file name like "old"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed your two card issue one is for CUDA and the other is OpenCL maybe in the nVidia software you can .select one or the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I suppose I could do that, right now its called copy as per the information of what to do if you have a problem you can go back to the previous accepted card text file. I also heard that updating my card might work also with current drivers if they are not current. The name does match though as you can see in the accepted card text file on the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I changed the copied txt file name from copy to old, then I duplicated the locked original txt file and changed the name of the original to new and the duplicate to CUDA_SUPPORTED_CARD.TXT which replaced the original file, then having three files I deleted the original file that was changed to new then booted up Premiere CS6 and behold The Mercury Playback Engine GPU was available problem solved. Thanks Bill for your assistance have a good one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines