Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC SPEC:
Intel i7 9700F
Windows 10 Home

RTX2060super

16GB Ram

hardware rendering disabled? I think i do not lack of system requirement or spec.. any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

It's not the graphics driver at all, according to the screenshots that I looked at. You are already running Premiere Pro's renderer in CUDA mode to begin with. If you are running a version of Premiere Pro prior to version 14.2, you are locked to software-only H.264/HEVC encoding because your CPU has no QuickSync encoder or decoder at all whatsoever. (All F- and KF-series Intel CPUs have their integrated Intel UHD Graphics permanently disabled during manufacture, and thus QuickSync is also permanently disabled on those CPUs as well.) Those older versions of Premiere Pro support only Intel QuickSync for hardware encoding (QuickSync hardware decoding and encoding REQUIRE that the integrated Intel graphics be both present and enabled). Beginning with version 14.2, Premiere Pro now supports NVENC and VCE/VCN for hardware encoding. Hardware rendering is completely different from hardware encoding, in this case.

So, to utilize hardware encoding via your discrete GPU, then please update Premiere Pro to version 14.2 or later.

TOPICS
Export, Hardware or GPU, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Enable Graphic Rendering CUDA when exporting

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC SPEC:
Intel i7 9700F
Windows 10 Home

RTX2060super

16GB Ram

hardware rendering disabled? I think i do not lack of system requirement or spec.. any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

It's not the graphics driver at all, according to the screenshots that I looked at. You are already running Premiere Pro's renderer in CUDA mode to begin with. If you are running a version of Premiere Pro prior to version 14.2, you are locked to software-only H.264/HEVC encoding because your CPU has no QuickSync encoder or decoder at all whatsoever. (All F- and KF-series Intel CPUs have their integrated Intel UHD Graphics permanently disabled during manufacture, and thus QuickSync is also permanently disabled on those CPUs as well.) Those older versions of Premiere Pro support only Intel QuickSync for hardware encoding (QuickSync hardware decoding and encoding REQUIRE that the integrated Intel graphics be both present and enabled). Beginning with version 14.2, Premiere Pro now supports NVENC and VCE/VCN for hardware encoding. Hardware rendering is completely different from hardware encoding, in this case.

So, to utilize hardware encoding via your discrete GPU, then please update Premiere Pro to version 14.2 or later.

TOPICS
Export, Hardware or GPU, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to update your graphics card drivers. Back when I was first trying to get it to work I had to try a couple versions. Go for the studio driver if you can. Reboot computer/Premiere if you need to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

Just a few questions, i already have the Geforce Experience application. how do i get to see the drivers? i have the latest Game Ready Drivers but i could not found the Studio Driver. maybe if i can install this, i can now use the Hardware(CUDA) for exporting. Thanks for the fast reply.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out John's link below. Or in the GeForce Experience App you can hit the three dots on the Drivers page next to "Check For Updates":

PhillipJoseph_0-1598135816620.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

Downloading it now. gonna try 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

THANK YOU!!!! i've updated my premiere pro. now i have the Hardware encoding 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0