• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding Fails with "A Font that is required for this export has changed. please restart export"

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My 1st post.

Does anyone know how I can stop these errors appearing while trying to export/encode my projects on prem pro?

Today's failure happened around 75% (12gb of 17gb) and after 18+hrs of encoding, with the following error "A font that is required for this export has changed, please restart export"

Otherwise can anyone suggest a alternative windows based application to Prem Pro, as this is the 4th instant now, of this type of font based error occuring at a late stage of the encoding process, as its infurating!

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't help Dan, but can certainly commiserate.. it happened to me yesterday.

Complete nonsense message as I was exporting a clean untexted version of a film at the time. And for good messure, the font used throughout, in the texted version, was absolutely not changed. Oh well.

The 'fix' was indeed to simply restart the export ... no need to change anything as there was nothing actually wrong (other than Premiere).

Sorry it's not more helpful, but at least you know you're not the only one.

Cheers

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the same here. oh well, we got there, just longer than expected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try smart rendering.  change your preview format to a high quality all i-frame format like prores 422 hq, render your entire sequence and then export with "use previews" checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I seem to remember seeing posts here that people report this problem when they quit other open adobe apps.  Might do some searching here...  and make sure no other adobe apps are open before you start rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For who ever this issue may still occur, I found out why this is happening:

When exporting through Media Encoder, if during an export font library is changed / updated, it gives this error.

This happens for example when you add, change or remove a font from the Adobe Fonts. I can cause the error a 100% of the times, by adding a new font during any part of the render, and the error will come up.

Long story short; just dont do anything with fonts during renders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue, but wasn't using any other programs or doing any font changes, everything was static. I tried using an Adobe font, no luck. So I switched to a non-Adobe font and it finally exported successfully. Glad I'm paying all the money for Adobe to have access to those fonts I can't use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I never tried switching to non-adobe font and replace that. I usually have my text so visually layed out that stepping to another font is just no option in any circumstance.

I recommend to export directly in Premiere Pro as this usually works fine. It mostly only happens when exporting in Media Encoder. Also helps to close your Creative Cloud / block it from internet completely during renders.

Sucks yeah. Something here needs some fixing Adobe 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your system on-line the full time of the render?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, why would it not be? I figured out more information.

I work with a lot of fonts I have added through Adobe font library. I often add new ones, activate new ones etc. I found out that sometimes when Creative Clouds updates it deactivates some fonts by itself.

The issue goes even further where:

- Sometimes renders from Premiere Pro have this issue at the end, which sucks cause need to do a re-render.

- When exporting the projects that have this error in Media Encoder, they some what give the same error, but warn you that "a font was not found and was replaced" at the end of the render, causing ur final render to have some basic arial texts.

- Old projects, sometimes as new as a month old, when certain fonts are used literally randomly have a different font. I open an old project that has some of these fonts and they would all be -without warning- replaced with some other random font. No error, no warning, no information. (EXTREMELY annoying when working with template projects)

There is a couple of minor results of this issue but it's 100% an issue that needs to be looked in to. I know what it's caused by, I know how to avoid it, but it's just extremely annoying and causes extra time to be spend which should not be needed.

I am happy to give more information about this if needed to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, even when I disable all text in the timeline.  It exports fine straight out of premiere pro, but not in media encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the very same issue now on Premiere 2023 not Encoder
And I'm really pissed because now I have to start a 10+ HOURS render again
Adobe really needs to step up, I've been facing many issues since upgrading to 2023, firstly an Error with my graphics driver which only happens on Pr 2023, but not Pr 2022, I've done everything to fix it but TO NO AVAIL...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's always dangerous upgrading in the middle of a complex project.  I always keep automatic updates turned off.  Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  Updates often put greater demands on your system...

As a workaround, I'd strongly suggest you use smart rendering

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488

You can also use "render and replace" so if you have a failed export, you don't have to start from scratch.   Post back if you have any questions about either of these options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still excists however I created a habit of keeping my Creative Cloud open at all times, auto start it with booting up etc. and ever since I started that habit I haven't had this issue happen again.

When working with linked media such as sequences from After Effects INSIDE of Premiere causes the same font error / bug btw. However, if you keep both Creative Cloud and other Adobe programs that you're using linked media from (in this case After Effects) open while rendering, you avoid this issue from occuring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's interesting - I just had this error (and have had it several times in the past year or so). I have a beastly machine so I usually work on a thumbnail in photoshop while the render is going through premiere. When I'm done with the thumbnail, I shut down photoshop. I don't think I do that every time I render a scene and get this error, but...I might. So yeah: could be that I just keep PS and the CC open until the render's complete.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines