Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding problem on Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I captured in mp4 format some old videotape that I had with Elgato Video Capture, the resolution of the videos are 720x546. I made some cuts with Adobe Premiere Pro then I exported them in H264 in VBR 1 pass and the video isn't the same quality as the origin.

So I tried to export this in 2 pass and the output video quality is the same as the original but the audio is a bit delayed compared to the original video. What is the problem? How to solve it?

Is it possible to see the remaining time when exporting in VBR 2 pass? I only see it when I export in 1 pass but not 2 pass.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VBR 1 and VBR 2 shouldn't make any difference as far as the output resolution. If that somehow is changing the resolution, then I would consider that a bug. Can you include a screenshot of your export settings for VBR 1, and then also a screenshot of your export settings for VBR 2?

As far as the audio being delayed, that might be a totally difference conversation. Is the audio delayed in your Premiere Pro sequence when you play back your working project, also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I made a little headway in finding the cause of the problem

For the problem of the quality of the video, I saw that during the export, the software premiere pro made a color shift so I found a LUT preset on youtube that I exported with the video and it has regained its original quality.

Regarding the sound, I saw that it had nothing to do with the export but the problem came from the import, i mean that as soon as I import the original file into Premiere Pro, the audio is out of sync with the video.

I looked for why, and I found that it is because the video footage is variable and not constant, that it had to be converted to constant with software like Handbrake.

Isn't there another solution than converting to Constant with Handbrake? Because if I do this with 30 files that last about 5 hours each ... it's a huge job.

Here is detailed info of the original video that I captured with MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear on the video side of things!

As far as dealing with the audio with VFR, what about trying this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-work-with-variable-frame-rate-vfr-media-in-pr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it sucks to have to transcode, but set it up overnight and it's the best option. Very common problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines