• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding Stops at Random intervals.. HELP!!

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been trying for 2 days to export a video.. I have tried on 2 different computers.. I have tried all the different settings I can think of..  Sometimes it crashes at 55 seconds, sometimes 1:44, this last try I got really excited because it made it too 2:05..  I know people where saying if it was crashing at a certain spot then there was something in the video that needed to be fixed.. But this is completely random !! Its a 45 minute video.. and it wont render past 2.. HELP !!

Ive tried CBR, VBR 1, VBR 2.. Ive tried Hardware and Software encoding, Ive tried using previews and not using prviews, Ive tried just export as well as Queue ..

TOPICS
Crash , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive now Cleared all the Cache, Reset all prefrences, Reinstalled premiere, I even ran a windows repair. Completely redid the entire edit from scratch again for the 5th time.. and same results..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't crash the computer.. I can still hit pause and it pauses.. If I hit cancel, I have to open task manager and end the task to recover.. but of course that messes up the windows to the point where I can't even click the start button..   And its not like its just working slowly because I have let it sit there for over 3 hours and it doesn't move..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off Max Render, Preview files (and max depth if checked).

Also turn off Hardware encoding.

and try again.

If you have a Nvidia gpu make sure you have the latest STUDIO driver installed.

NVIDIA Studio Driver | 460.89 | Windows 10 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I turn off Hardware encoding, it wont be using the Nvidia anyway right ? but I'll try all of that !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same results.. This time it only made it 15 seconds in..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not say if you have the correct driver installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good on you for trying so many things. You might try starting a new project and IMPORTING the current project, maybe delete your cache before you do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that one made it too 1:52 seconds before it stopped..  I even tried using the (nested) scene already created and edited..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your hardware. OS and PP actual version numbers. Like I'm on PP14.8, Win2004, also, your Video driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, fully updated..  PP14.8, ive got an RTX 2080 Ti, with the latest video drivers installed. plus Nvidia Studio drivers installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just tried an old project to see if it would export, and it did no problem..  which means there is definitly something wrong with my MP4 from OBS.. although it plays back just fine.. it absolutely will not export..  Any thoughts on a way to fix it ? I mean, Ive got a video game series going, and its video 4 of 6 so far.. it would REALLY suck if I made a bbunch of progress in the game, and not showed it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen recordings are often variable frame rate which can be a problem in premiere

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running an Nvidia GPU? If so, go to their website and download and do a clean install of the latest Studio driver ... avoid the game-ready drivers, as at the moment they seem to be causing much oddities in Premiere.

Other things to try ... create a new project in the version you're working in. From that project, in the Media Browser window, navigate to the old project file and import one sequence at a time. Test it in the new project. If things work, there's an issue with the old project file. If some sequences work but X sequence hangs things, then there's corruption in that sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Im pretty sure I figured it out..

See, I thought I would be all smart, and do the side by side recording.. 3840x1080 in OBS with my facecam on one side, and the gameplay on the other side.. But apparently my GPU, 2080Ti can not handle rendering that 😞  watching my GPU as the file exports the card is basically jumping from 0% too 100% every second..  I even tried taking out the Facecam video layer, and just exporting the gameplay.. It made it too about 8 minutes before it locked up on that one..  So I seem to have no choice, I will have do all future recordings in OBS in 1920x1080 if I want to be able to edit and render..  The worst part about it is that in Adobe Premiere, the bar across the top of my timeline, that indicates how bad its going to be to process never went to red.. It was all Yellow.. But not even red.. So I was hopeful it would have done it.. But I guess not.. oh well, scrap those 3 video's and start over ! Thank you to everyone who tried to help out !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with a lot of k-count takes massive RAM in both the system and the GPU. Your assumptions are probably a good working start.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean, ive got 64g of ram..  But yeah.. im shocked that the 2080Ti couldn't handle it 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines