• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding to mp4 makes my audio lose sync.

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere Pro, keeping up to date with updates, and it's on a pretty fast computer. Not pro-level, but definitely the fastest computer I have access to.

When I export a project as an mp4 using the H.264 format, my audio doesn't stay with the video. The longer the video is, the worse it gets. It will start out in sync, then by minute 2 you can tell the words don't match the lips. If the project is half an hour, it gets completely and totally off. If the project is a music video with cuts right on the beat, they won't match up after export.

I have to use wmv to get it to do right, and that format isn't great for social media. Mp4 is much preferred. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

this solves a lot of OOS issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'll try that and report back here to let you know if it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Ann! Unfortunately that solution did not work. 

I used Handbrake to lock in the framerate. I confirmed in Premiere Pro that the video file did NOT indicate a variable framerate. (The original files did indicate variable framerate, but this new one did not.)

The video is importing correctly into Premiere Pro. When I edit the file, the audio does stay in sync with the video in the editor view. And when I export as a wmv file, the audio remains accurate.

However, when I exported the new file as an mp4, the same issue occurred. Effectively, the video ends up getting ahead of the audio. I exported a long video and the problem was very exaggerated by the end of the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines