• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS5 error: "file already exists", Code: "6", note: "IG button exceeds video bounds.

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running CS5.1 and received this error when building a blu-ray: "file already exists", Code: "6", note: "IG button exceeds video bounds.

A google search shows nothing useful...one person who had an issue with a video menu.  Mine does not have a video menu.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

I've confirmed that the error is "file already exists", Code: "6", note: "IG button exceeds video bounds.  The error happens as soon as the build gets to the "building streams" stage.  I've tried it running as administrator also. 

But I've figured out the issue, though it's odd:  I turned off all the button layers in photoshop and turned them on one by one, attempting to build the project.  I discovered that are two buttons that are causing the error.  All buttons are identical but slightly diff

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Code 6 http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/errors-exit-code-6-exit.html may help

Also, if you are on Windows, you MUST RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions

To create a two layer DVD or a BluRay, you MUST have Encore set to use the Run as Administrator option
... and a Mac version http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the error message. I assume it is actually:

"Blu-ray Error: "fatal error" Code: "6" IG button exceeds video bounds"

and not the Blu-ray Error: "file already exists" Code: "6" .....

And yes, my notes suggest that the only solution found via google was when it was a menu issue.

IG is "Interactive Graphics," according to Neil Wilkes, the type used by BD.

Perhaps Neil will drop in....

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've confirmed that the error is "file already exists", Code: "6", note: "IG button exceeds video bounds.  The error happens as soon as the build gets to the "building streams" stage.  I've tried it running as administrator also. 

But I've figured out the issue, though it's odd:  I turned off all the button layers in photoshop and turned them on one by one, attempting to build the project.  I discovered that are two buttons that are causing the error.  All buttons are identical but slightly different shapes.  All buttons touch the edge of the canvas.  "Exceeds video bounds" was a clue:  When I deleted the edge of these two specific buttons that touched the edge of the canvas, the error disappeared.  Then I shifted the buttons back over so that they touched the edge of the canvas again -- no error.  So I'm still not sure what actual problem was, but it had something to do with the edge of the canvas.  I did do a crop layers to canvas at some point when I built the menu in photoshop, so I know that that's not the issue, but it could be related somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stan is spot-on here, as is the reply from peacebreakerr.

IG = Interactive Graphics, and this is the only way you can do menus in Encore as there is no provision for Java menus (which is a crying shame, all things considered as a lot of problems go away when that mode is used).

The easiest way to avoid this error is to always design your menus with the safe areas clearly shown in Photoshop, making absolutely certain that no part of any button graphic lies outside the first safe point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back and posting what worked for you.. Have not seen the "file exists" version of the "Code 6/IG exceeds bounds" error.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines