Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 - Can't burn Blu-Rays

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A couple years ago I was able to burn Blu-Rays with Encore and now it only burns DVDs.I'm not sure if that was in Encore 5.5 - it's on an old external that I'd have to look through to confirm.

In Premiere I selected "Match Sequence Settings" and that gave me an mpeg file. Then I sent it to Media Encoder before creating my project in Encore.

The project is about 14 GB and I'm using Verbatim BD-R  25 GB with a Pioneer BDR-XD05B external burner.

I am running Encore as an administrator and I can't burn directly to a disc and have also exported an ISO and then tried burning that to a disc by changing the Source in the Build tab to the ISO file instead of the Current Project since I saw a video on YouTube where that worked.

Here are the errors I've been receiving:

When try to burn the current project directly to disc, the Build Progress window begins with:

Importing Final version-fixe_sessionFiles-Dsf_session_1_video.m4v...

and when it fails I get:

Blu-Ray Error: "device error", Code 3 , Note: "AS_StorageError = -97060.

When I try to burn the ISO to disc, it fails within seconds with the message:

Blu-ray Error:"", Code: "0" , Note: "

I have tried to burn a Blu-Ray through Imgburn using the ISO and I get this:

I/O Error

Device [0:0:0] PIONEER BD-RW  BDR-XD05 3.01 (E:) (USB)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation:Check Condition

CDB: AA 00 00 00 04 20 00 00 00 20 40 00

Interpretation: Write (12) - Sectors: 1056 - 1087

Sense Area: 71 00 03 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 73 03 00 00 00 00

SK: Interpretaion: Medium Error

ASC/ASCQ Interpretation: Power Calibration Area Error

I have also created the project in Encore with an mp4 file, which I exported from Premier with the H264 Match Source High Bitrate setting. I'm working on burning a Blu-Ray with this type of file and it's been going about half an hour and the Build Progress window says Transcoding.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time,

Daniel

TOPICS
Crash , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

My guess is still that your drive may be bad; perhaps media, but the imgburn message does not show that.

This is an external USB drive? No internal drive?

Phone a friend and borrow an external drive to test?

Or create a tiny project, like a 20 second video with one simple menu. Build to an iso. Try to burn in ImgBurn. If it works great. (That may still not rule out hardware, but it is something.) If it fails, upload the iso to dropbox or similar, and one of us can try the burn.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also created the project in Encore with an mp4 file, which I exported from Premier with the H264 Match Source High Bitrate setting. I'm working on burning a Blu-Ray with this type of file and it's been going about half an hour and the Build Progress window says Transcoding.

Any thoughts?

By @Daniel84

Export from Premiere Pro using the H.264 Blu-ray format so you get a BD compliant file to start with. This file will not be re-encoded as your standard H.264 is today. Try that to start with, iow create a new project in Encore and feed it with only BD compliant files that requires no transcoding in Encore. This solves many errors.

When it comes to burning discs the thumb of rule is: Never use Encore to burn.

Always create ISO files in Encore and use a third party tool such as ImgBurn to burn the actual ISO file to BD disc.

Averdahl_0-1617142513874.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll export the project under these settings in Premiere tonight and try to burn something tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is your drive formatted?  ExFAT?  Fat32?  NTSF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard Drive is NTSF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe chose not to bring in the older forum posts and much of the Encore knowledge is lost.

Your error: Blu-ray Error:"", Code: "0" , Note: "

My only note other than links (to now nonexistent posts) was a bad burner.

Your error: 

Blu-Ray Error: "device error", Code 3 , Note: "AS_StorageError = -97060.

The AS_StorageError = xxxxx all appear to have physical storage, hard drive, or media issues. Keep in mind that for Blu-ray especially, Encore uses a huge amount of temporary storage. Make sure you are always running "as administrator" - it fixes many issues.

Sorry, only a bad link for the 97060 version of that error, but it occured often enough for me to keep a link.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running as administrator since I saw that suggestion in another post. 

However, what do you mean by a bad burner? Are you referring to the external burner itself?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the actual burner itself. I did not test, but I recall ImgBurn maybe having the ability to test a drive?

But with many errors, it is hard to sort...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many external burners require either a power brick or a second USB connection to provide enough power to properly burn a disc, especially BD.

Also check to make sure it's not just a bad blank in the burner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6.  If you create the video files in MPEG 2-DVD or H.264 Blu-ray you can produce discs that will not be re-encoded.  Authoring Works 6 has a free trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it this morning. Thank you for the suggestion.

I first want to give Encore a try with the H.264 Blu-Ray export setting.

It took about 10 minutes for the video file to import into Encore, but I got it in there along with the audio file. I created the menus, etc., but the project is 25.29 GB and my disc is 25 GB.

So before attempting to Build, I need to create a smaller file size. I did send the file from Premiere to Media Encoder though.

What can I do in my settings to make it smaller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reduce the bit rate on the Premiere export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the H.264 Blu-Ray export setting in Premiere with a lower bit rate and was able to import it into Encore. However,  Encore didn't work for burning to disc or using the ISO and burning that to disc. Imgburn gave me an error using the ISO as well so I'm using Authoring Works 6.

I created the menu, etc. and began to export to a Blu-Ray. I created an Output Folder and then in the Post-Output Process section I selected Burn to DVD/Blu-Ray Disc and clicked on Start Output.. However, when it finished it had only exported it to the folder and I had to hit another button to get it to the disc but that failed. 

How do I manage to burn it to a disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imgburn gave me an error using the ISO as well so I'm using Authoring Works 6.<

How do I manage to burn it to a disc?

By @Daniel84

So, are you saying that you cannot burn from either Encore or ImgBurn and Authoring Works? If that´s the case it seems that there is an issue with your burner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only burn DVDs in Encore.

For Authoring Works, I'm not sure yet, since I thought I had set it to Output to a disc, but it exported it to a folder first. I can't say Authoring works hasn't worked yet because I think I'm missing a step for burning to a disc.

Here is the error I get in ImgBurn:

W 12:34:32 Failed to Write Sectors 1056 - 1087 - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

Here is the log for ImgBurn:

I 12:34:13 Destination Device: [0:0:0] PIONEER BD-RW   BDR-XD05 3.01 (E:) (USB)

I 12:34:13 Destination Media Type: BD-R (Disc ID: VERBAT-IMe-000)

I 12:34:13 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x

I 12:34:13 Destination Media Sectors: 12,219,392

I 12:34:13 Write Mode: BD

I 12:34:13 Write Type: DAO

I 12:34:13 Write Speed: MAX

I 12:34:13 Hardware Defect Management Active: No

I 12:34:13 BD-R Verify Not Required: Yes

I 12:34:13 Link Size: Auto

I 12:34:13 Lock Volume: Yes

I 12:34:14 Test Mode: No

I 12:34:14 OPC: No

I 12:34:14 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 12:34:14 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 26,970 KB/s (6x)

I 12:34:14 Advanced Settings - Optimal Writing Speed: No

I 12:34:16 Writing LeadIn...

W 12:34:32 Failed to Write Sectors 1056 - 1087 - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

W 12:34:32 Retrying (1 of 20)...

W 12:34:33 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:33 Retrying (2 of 20)...

W 12:34:33 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:33 Retrying (3 of 20)...

W 12:34:34 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:34 Retrying (4 of 20)...

W 12:34:35 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:35 Retrying (5 of 20)...

W 12:34:35 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:35 Retrying (6 of 20)...

W 12:34:36 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:36 Retrying (7 of 20)...

W 12:34:36 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:36 Retrying (8 of 20)...

W 12:34:37 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:37 Retrying (9 of 20)...

W 12:34:37 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:37 Retrying (10 of 20)...

W 12:34:38 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:38 Retrying (11 of 20)...

W 12:34:38 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:38 Retrying (12 of 20)...

W 12:34:39 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:39 Retrying (13 of 20)...

W 12:34:39 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:39 Retrying (14 of 20)...

W 12:34:40 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:40 Retrying (15 of 20)...

W 12:34:41 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:41 Retrying (16 of 20)...

W 12:34:41 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:41 Retrying (17 of 20)...

W 12:34:42 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:42 Retrying (18 of 20)...

W 12:34:42 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:42 Retrying (19 of 20)...

W 12:34:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

W 12:34:43 Retrying (20 of 20)...

W 12:34:43 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>only burn DVDs in Encore

Right click the program icon and select Run as Administrator, which is NOT the same thing as running the computer with a Windows Administrator account, and which fixes several "odd" problems... To create a two layer DVD or a BluRay, you MUST have Encore set to use the Run as Administrator option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran Encore as Administrator just today and when it got to the Building stage and I received the message:

Blu-Ray Error: "device error" , Code: "3", Note: "CreateStcSequence" Fail to write M2S file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to include the pop-up message I received in ImgBurn as well.

IMG_4897.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is still that your drive may be bad; perhaps media, but the imgburn message does not show that.

This is an external USB drive? No internal drive?

Phone a friend and borrow an external drive to test?

Or create a tiny project, like a 20 second video with one simple menu. Build to an iso. Try to burn in ImgBurn. If it works great. (That may still not rule out hardware, but it is something.) If it fails, upload the iso to dropbox or similar, and one of us can try the burn.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were right. I ordered a new Blu-Ray external drive (Mths Tec) and I was able to burn Blu-Rays straight from Encore. Discs looked great and played with no issues.

I doubted this solution at first since the other burner played both DVDs and Blu-Rays and also burned DVDs so I didn't understand how it could fail with just one function, but apparently that's the case so it's still useful.

Thanks to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I am still amazed when an odd group of problems is solved by a new drive. Glad you got it sorted.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am trying to burn a disc in Encore Cs6. I have done this plenty of times before with no problem. Now I am trying to burn a new dvd and what happens is the dvd burns and seems like everything is fine. After waiting about 30 mins for the dvd to complete, I go and test it out and the screen pops up but nothing plays.. It just shows a black screen. I try clicking the start arrow and it automatically just goe back to the pause button. Can someone please help me figure out what is going wrong? I have literally wasted 10 discs trying 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not trying to burn a blu-ray dvd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After waiting about 30 mins for the dvd to complete,

Did you get a "completed" message?

Are you Mac or PC?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do get the complete message. I am using a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines