Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 - Can't burn Blu-Rays

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A couple years ago I was able to burn Blu-Rays with Encore and now it only burns DVDs.I'm not sure if that was in Encore 5.5 - it's on an old external that I'd have to look through to confirm.

In Premiere I selected "Match Sequence Settings" and that gave me an mpeg file. Then I sent it to Media Encoder before creating my project in Encore.

The project is about 14 GB and I'm using Verbatim BD-R  25 GB with a Pioneer BDR-XD05B external burner.

I am running Encore as an administrator and I can't burn directly to a disc and have also exported an ISO and then tried burning that to a disc by changing the Source in the Build tab to the ISO file instead of the Current Project since I saw a video on YouTube where that worked.

Here are the errors I've been receiving:

When try to burn the current project directly to disc, the Build Progress window begins with:

Importing Final version-fixe_sessionFiles-Dsf_session_1_video.m4v...

and when it fails I get:

Blu-Ray Error: "device error", Code 3 , Note: "AS_StorageError = -97060.

When I try to burn the ISO to disc, it fails within seconds with the message:

Blu-ray Error:"", Code: "0" , Note: "

I have tried to burn a Blu-Ray through Imgburn using the ISO and I get this:

I/O Error

Device [0:0:0] PIONEER BD-RW  BDR-XD05 3.01 (E:) (USB)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation:Check Condition

CDB: AA 00 00 00 04 20 00 00 00 20 40 00

Interpretation: Write (12) - Sectors: 1056 - 1087

Sense Area: 71 00 03 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 73 03 00 00 00 00

SK: Interpretaion: Medium Error

ASC/ASCQ Interpretation: Power Calibration Area Error

I have also created the project in Encore with an mp4 file, which I exported from Premier with the H264 Match Source High Bitrate setting. I'm working on burning a Blu-Ray with this type of file and it's been going about half an hour and the Build Progress window says Transcoding.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time,

Daniel

TOPICS
Crash , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

My guess is still that your drive may be bad; perhaps media, but the imgburn message does not show that.

This is an external USB drive? No internal drive?

Phone a friend and borrow an external drive to test?

Or create a tiny project, like a 20 second video with one simple menu. Build to an iso. Try to burn in ImgBurn. If it works great. (That may still not rule out hardware, but it is something.) If it fails, upload the iso to dropbox or similar, and one of us can try the burn.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a screenshot of your Encore flowchart. Also the Project panel expanded so we can see all the columns (e.g. DVD Transcode Status).

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like an issue with the First Play action for the DVD title.

Does the Encore project play as expected when you simulate the title?  That is, when you click the Preview button in Encore or use File > Preview before doing build to DVD Disc (that is, burning a blank DVD)?

Does everything look as expected when you use Check Project (File > Check Project)?

As you troubleshoot this, use "DVD Folder" as the Output option to build a DVD directory structure to your hard drive for testing prior to buning to a DVD blank.  (Note: This is for testing, not for burning the resulting directory later.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the project plays in Encore. When I click the preview button a window pops up but nothing plays. I try hitting the pause button to play but nothing.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is set as the "First Play" action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where the "first play" action is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Properties tab, First Play pop-up menu.

But maybe this is better (see page 4):

https://web.ics.purdue.edu/~fwinkler/AD30400_S14/AD30400_Encore_workshop_01.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can not figure out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not trying to create a menu for my dvd.. All I want is a basic dvd that plays as soon as I put the disc in. But when I burn the disc everything seems to be going fine.. after burning I go to play the dvd and it pops up but nothing plays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I press preview it starts time for a sec then stops..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first play.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines