• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

encore serial required

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my Encore CS6 is now requiring a serial, how can i retrieve serial and activate again as i have active CC monthly plan for Pr6 and it used to include Encore

please help to get activated again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Reel Cowboys, can you please list the Adobe applications, and versions, that a currently installed on the Windows 10 computer?

Please be aware that the Original poster of this discussion has a Photoshop Lightroom CC membership.  This is why they were unable to utilize Premiere Pro CS6 or Encore CS6 with their membership.

You do have a full Creative Cloud membership, Reel Cowboys, so it should be possible to still utilize Encore CS6 after the proper licensing is in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reel Cowboys, I am sorry that you continue to face difficulties utilizing Encore CS6.  The recommendation for finding a modern alternative is a great idea.  Members of this community may have suggestions on alternatives.

You could try removing all installed Adobe software, downloading and running the CC Cleaner Tool, and then reinstalling Premiere Pro CS6 through the Creative Cloud desktop app.  You may face difficulties reinstalling Premiere Pro CC 2018 v12.1.2 however as I am showing build 15.1.2, being available in the Creative Cloud desktop app, Reel Cowboys. 

If you have a need for Premiere Pro CC 2018 v12.1.2, then I would recommend you do not remove the current installation.

You can find steps on how to uninstall all currently installed Adobe software at Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps .   Once all applications have been removed you can then download the CC Cleaner Tool from Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems .

Please update this discussion if you have any questions, Reel Cowboys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thank you for all your suggestions. I will try a complete uninstall/reinstall this weekend. I have a Premiere project I have to work on today, so I will have to wait until tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Reel Cowboys.  I would recommend you verify that your Premiere Pro projects all open in the CC 2019 release. 

I have been told that some projects only work with specific Premiere Pro versions.  If you have a project that requires Premiere Pro CC 2018 v12.1.2 you may find yourself unable to work with the project without that version installed.  Verifying that the project can open in Premiere Pro CC 2019 will help prevent you from facing these difficulties, Reel Cowboys.

I will look forward to your updates to this discussion, Reel Cowboys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend having a clone before doing a Windows reinstall, so you can truly roll back if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I have just finished about a week's worth of my life chasing for a solution. I use mac and had been using encore succesfully until quite recenty.

I chatted with support, but that ended up being a fruitless exercise.  They wanted me to find my original invoice for encore CS6. For some reason, I had assumed I had installed BEFORE CC, but that was not the case. I installed most of the CS6 suite as soon as I subscribed(2012). I was never under the impression that Encore was just a "free givaway" and that it would be pulled. It was part of a suite of products. I understand that products can reach the end of their life, but part of the reason for the initial sub to CC was that I needed to burn Blu Rays for my Film FEstival..

So- as far as I was concerned Encore was a legit product, PAID for by my subs. 

Now aparently this was not the case.

I feel let down by a company I have supported since 2012. Q: was there really a need to stop us using the product? Q:2 how hard would it have been to allow a work around? Q3: Would a work around have been a better PR move as it helps loyal customers feel valued and to continue being the ambasadors to the products that we are?

Now I am stuffed. I have promised a client a DVD/Blu Ray that I cant deliver. There are NO suitable alt products out there(none that dont look a wee bit amateur).

I am continuing to look for a work around - I had followed earlier suggestions for this and other posts: logging out/in etc, but no use.

I am going to continue with my efforts for a couple of days and if I find a working soloution, I am happy to share - although I am on a mac. Sorry 'bout that.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Encore and Premiere Pro CS6 on my PC along with the current
Premiere Pro CC package.

This is what I did to make Encore work.

Run Premiere Pro CS6

Open or create a project.

Once you start to work on the project you should be asked to validate PP
CS6 with your current credentials.

Once you have done that try opening Encore.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!

Had to sign in my Adobe account on another computer and then bam, Encore stopped working on my main PC. After redownloading and installing PP CS6 and Encore with the same serial number error pop up I thought I was out of luck. As you say, it's not until you start to use Premiere CS6 that it asks to activate. I can now use Encore with my CC subscription!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to ask: what is your exact error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everybody for all you help here. Unfortunately, nothing worked.

What I ended up doing was uninstalling everything Adobe from my computer and deleting all leftover files (basically running a cleaning program to remove it all). Then I rebooted and reinstalled Adobe CC. From there, I installed Photoshop and then Premiere CS6. It worked perfectly. Then I installed Premiere CC, Dreamweaver and all my other programs.

All is working perfectly now.

Again, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back. And congrats on your persistence!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the serial number CS6 so I can't verify the possible solution at the end of the message below, but it is claimed there that it is still possible to install Encore and use it via the Cloud, by following the exact instructions in the message from Averdahl... as always with old links, copy the download to an external device
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/how-is-everyone-making-dvd-s-in-premiere-pro-without-enc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I managed to follow the instructions. I found the files in the x86 folder. I had to kill off a number of Adobe items in Task Manager before I could rename the Adobe PCD folder to Adobe PCD XXXXX (I don't like deleting things when I am doing this stuff). Renaming caps.db to caps.dbXXXX was easy.

I then followed the rest of the instructions.

The critical step was running Premiere CS6. I ran it. It loaded OK. I shut it down. Encore still wanted a serial number 😞

So I opened Premiere CS6 again but this time I created a project and only then did I received the "You need to validate this software..." pop-up. Great. I clicked the appropriate button and it recognized me from my Cloud login. All looked good. Tried Encore again. No serial number required.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines