• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

encore serial required

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my Encore CS6 is now requiring a serial, how can i retrieve serial and activate again as i have active CC monthly plan for Pr6 and it used to include Encore

please help to get activated again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Reel Cowboys, can you please list the Adobe applications, and versions, that a currently installed on the Windows 10 computer?

Please be aware that the Original poster of this discussion has a Photoshop Lightroom CC membership.  This is why they were unable to utilize Premiere Pro CS6 or Encore CS6 with their membership.

You do have a full Creative Cloud membership, Reel Cowboys, so it should be possible to still utilize Encore CS6 after the proper licensing is in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no separate serial number for Encore... it is bundled with Premiere Pro (non-Cloud version, such as CS6) and is installed and activated when you install PPro and enter the serial number

Since you are using Encore by means of a Cloud subscription, my best GUESS is that something went wrong with the registration, which means you need to reinstall PProCS6 to make Encore activate again

How to get Encore using a Cloud subscription https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372985

-an option to check to see more previous https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2426726

-and more on previous versions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2389056 see reply #3

-and even more on previous versions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2409527 see reply #1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.

Acutally, it says that Encore cannot run in trial mode, then it asks me for a serial #.

I have had Premiere CC 2018 installed for awhile now and when 2019 update came through, Encore refused to launch. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled  it several times through the CC Cloud, but it keeps asking for a serial number.

Strange, the Premiere CS6 that was installed with it runs just fine and requires my CC Cloud sign in.

BTW, I already went to "Encore requests a serial number on launch " and followed the instructions there. I am still having the same problem.

Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac?

When you did the sign out, etc, did you get all the prompts (including the signout under PR help)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest version of Adobe CC on Windows 10. I signed out under the CC menu, and signed back in. I also signed out under the Premier menus and signed back in. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Premire CS6 several times, but I do not get any changes.

I don't see an option in CS6 to sign out.

When  I sign out using Premiere CC 2019, it brings up the "Sign out from every Adobe application" screen. I press the "Sign out" button and then it goes away. I then get a message (because Premier CC 2019 is still running) that says "Sorry, Premier Pro CC has encountered and error and needs to close" and I have an option to dismiss. Then I have to manually close Premiere.

I don't know if this answers your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks.

Just FYI, I have not tested this, since in my 2 recent installs of Encore/PR CS6 on Win10, I do not get the serial number issue. It just works.

The troubleshooting page you link to is from 2014. I noticed that it did not tell you to sign back into the Cloud desktop after signing out. But when I log out of CC and open PR CC without logging in, it prompts me to log in (i.e. I am already logged out).

The messages you're getting lead me to suspect that something has changed.

I would try this one time: close all Adobe programs that might be running (i.e. PR CC; PR CS6), and log out from the CC desktop. Do not log back in. Open PR CC. It should prompt you to log in. Log in, and stay logged in (do not log out of PR CC). Close it (or not). Try to open EN CS6.

If that does not work, contact support. They don't support Encore, but I'd see if they won't address what is going on here.

Report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply.

I did as you asked. Now I have Adobe Premier CC 2019 running in memory and logged in.

I launch Encore CS6 and get the following error message:

Adobe Encore CS6 cannot run in non-royalty serialized mode. The application needs to be serialized with a royalty bearing serial number.

Then the Login to Adobe creen comes up and goes away.

Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try again, but this time log in to PR CC, then close and open PR CS6, close, then try EN CS6.

How much Adobe cloud storage do you have in your plan? Odd problem that is not likely to be the issue, but thought I'd ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange request, but I now have PR CC and PR CS6 open. When  I launch Encore CS6, it asks me for a serial number.

Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, strange!

I actually meant to close PR CC after logging in there, then the same with PR CS6 (which should not require a log in). It should not matter.

Just a shot in the dark. In the old days, even with a serial number, you had to open/activate PR CS6 in order to get EN CS6 to be activated. Something is interfering.

Here's a thread that may have limited value (the user was on a Mac), but perhaps it can help.

Encore CS6 cannot run in non-royalty serialized mode...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reel Cowboys, can you please list the Adobe applications, and versions, that a currently installed on the Windows 10 computer?

Please be aware that the Original poster of this discussion has a Photoshop Lightroom CC membership.  This is why they were unable to utilize Premiere Pro CS6 or Encore CS6 with their membership.

You do have a full Creative Cloud membership, Reel Cowboys, so it should be possible to still utilize Encore CS6 after the proper licensing is in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thanks for dropping in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for jumping Jeff. I am pulling the version numbers from the "About" screen in the programs.

• Photoshop CC 2019 v20.0.3 Release
  • Dreamweaver CC 2019 v19.0.1 (11212 Build)
  • Premiere Pro CC 2019 v13.0.3 (Build 9)
  • Premiere Pro CC 2018 v12.1.2 (Build 69)
  • Premier Pro CS6 v6.0.0 (319 (MC: 264587))
  • Acrobat Pro DC v2018.011.20040
  • Media Encoder CC 2019 v13.0.2 (Build 39)
  • Audition CC 2019 v12.0.1.34
  • Encore CS6

Encore CS6 says it requires a serial number when it does not recognize the Creative Cloud running and when it does see the Creative Cloud running, it gives me the non-royalty serialized mode error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Reel Cowboys.  To confirm you can also open Premiere Pro CS6 without any errors?

If so, then please sign out of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application, and once signed out remove the Adobe PCD and caps.db file as discussed in solution two of Error: "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Adobe Creative Suite .  Please update this public forum discussion if you face any difficulties locating either item, Reel Cowboys.

Once the Adobe PCD and caps.db file have been removed, then please sign back into the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application.  I would recommend you start by opening Premiere Pro CC 2018 to verify the licensing for the Creative Cloud membership is in place.

If Premiere Pro CC 2018 opens without error, then open Premiere Pro CS6, Reel Cowboys.  The Creative Cloud membership should then be used to license Premiere Pro CS6, which in turn will allow Encore CS6 to be licensed and utilized.

Please update this discussion if you have any questions, Reel Cowboys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can open Premiere CS6 without issues.

Where do I find the caps.db and Adobe PCD files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff's post has a link; it identifies the paths to the PCD folder and the caps.db file.

Error: "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Adobe Creative Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure to click on the link to View the full discussion in the e-mail notification, Reel Cowboys.  This will allow you to view the discussion, and related links offered by Stan and I, in your default web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I logged out of Adobe Creative Cloud and went to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe (as the suggested post said) but could not find a "caps.db" or "Adobe PCD" file. So I went to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe instead. I did not find the files, but I cound folders with the same name. I moved those folders to my desktop.

I then launched Premiere Pro 2018, and did not get a login prompt. I sually get one each and every time I run it. I ran Premiere Pro 2019 and did not get a login prompt. I ran Creatve Cloud and not promt, but it showed me logged in. I ran Premiere CS6 with no issues.

Now I run Encore CS6 and it asks me for a serial number. I closed an d re-ran Encore CS6 and now it says it cannot run in non-royalty serialized mode.

Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that is unfortunate, Reel Cowboys, the main goal was to remove those files and folders. If you were unable to locate them, then the error will continue.

I would recommend you begin a chat session with our support team at Contact Customer Care for direct assistance with utilizing Encore CS6.  You are welcome to reference this public forum discussion when you begin the chat session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stan. I went to that link and it asks me what software I am needing help with. Encore is not on the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Reel Cowboys, you will want to choose Premiere Pro while contacting our support team at Contact Customer Care .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, just FYI. I am also Win 10 on two machines. On both, the file/directory at issue are in Program Files (x86), not the Program Files Directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great point, Stan, the referenced document has not been updated to accommodate Windows 10 or 64-bit operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stan. Because the chat help seems to always be unavailable, I am calling the 800 number now. I will let you know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone with Adobe support and they told me that they will not support Encore CS6, even though they allow it to be downloaded through the Creative Cloud. They told me I was out of luck and I need to find another program to do the same thing.

I have no idea what other program I can use that will do the same thing. I used to make all my DVD menus in photoshop and use them in Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines