Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ending frame on end card

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working on a video, and I'd like it to end showing my end card instead of a black frame. I've tried a couple of options - freeze frame was one - but nothing seems to stop my sequence on my end card. 

Is that possible, and if so, what method would you recommend? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

The black frame you're seeing is not what will be the "last frame" of the video. Export and give it a try so you see what it will look like.

But no, you can't control what various players will do with the last frame of  your video.

To "fake" the effect you want, add 10 seconds of your card at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a function of the player, not the video.  Some will pause on the last frame, some won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response. I should have been more clear - I'm talking about playback in Premiere Pro. I haven't played the video in an actual player - like Windows Media Player - yet.

If I'm understanding you correctly, then there's nothing I can do to make sure the last thing viewers see is my end card - it all depends on the player they are using? Is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused.  Who's going to be watching the video with Premiere Pro?  (I would expect that to be only you, the editor.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right - sorry. Let me try again.

I'm editing my sequence in Premiere Pro. It's done, but when I play it back, there's a black frame after my end card. I can't get rid of it, and I'm afraid that when I render the video, that black frame will be the last thing people see when they view it. Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The black frame you're seeing is not what will be the "last frame" of the video. Export and give it a try so you see what it will look like.

But no, you can't control what various players will do with the last frame of  your video.

To "fake" the effect you want, add 10 seconds of your card at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, great. Thanks for your help, Stan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, VLC plays back a clip and instantly goes back to the default player. (No black frame, but no hold.) UNLESS you set its preferences to "pause on the last frame of a video." Then it does what you want. But the default does not pause. I don't see this option for Windows Media Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no black frame at the end.  You just need to understand how NLEs work.  This is something your instructor should have covered.

What people see will depend on the player they use.  Like I said, some hold on the last frame, others don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim - much appreciated. My "instructor" is me, so I'm figuring it out as I go, with the help of some books and Google. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eeesh.  You've never heard that saying?  "A self-taught man usually has a poor teacher and a worse student."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim_Simon, you are the best teacher showing us how a bad teacher could be. We need a solution, not a judgment. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

josht85774560  wrote

Right - sorry. Let me try again.

I'm editing my sequence in Premiere Pro. It's done, but when I play it back, there's a black frame after my end card. I can't get rid of it, and I'm afraid that when I render the video, that black frame will be the last thing people see when they view it. Does that make sense?

Check your sequence to see if the audio track beneath your "last frame" extends beyond the video portion. Either extend the video clip or trim off the audio clip.

You sequence is playing until it hits the end of the clips on the timeline - and if the audio is slightly longer than the video, it will play black video while playing out the audio clip.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally where the play head ends is the last frame. So any black after that point is irrelevant. However you can capture a single still and extend that to any length you want for the end of the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines