Highlighted

Enlarging a square mask in premiere

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I keep the corners of a rectangular mask at 90 degrees and expand it in premiere?  I am not talking about the "mask expansion" effect, which only goes so far and give my rectangle rounded edges.  I want to create a large rectangle from the rectangle mask, but when i click on a corner or two pressing "shift," this does not allow me to keep the shape a rectangle with 90 degree angles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Enlarging a square mask in premiere

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I keep the corners of a rectangular mask at 90 degrees and expand it in premiere?  I am not talking about the "mask expansion" effect, which only goes so far and give my rectangle rounded edges.  I want to create a large rectangle from the rectangle mask, but when i click on a corner or two pressing "shift," this does not allow me to keep the shape a rectangle with 90 degree angles.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it ctrl-shift-alt click/drag, then drag from one of the sides and not the corner

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to do it on a side by side basis:

With the selection tool, click outside the mask and drag over the two corners you wish to move together, and release.

The two corner boxes you dragged over will fill blue (this is kind of hard to see).

Click on either of the two filled boxes first, then hold down the shift key (to constrain the movement to 90 degrees) and drag the side of the rectangle where you want it.

Repeat with the other sides of the rectangle.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neither of the above replies was working for me. the best solution i've found so far is to hover with Shift pressed down over a corner or the mask until your cursor looks like diagonally oppositional arrows. then you can drag to expand the size of the mask, keeping it in rectangle shape.  But I would like to make it a square shape, keeping the angles at 90 degrees, and have no solution for that yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2017 4
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years later and there is still no way to make a simple square mask and adjust its size in Adobe Premiere. Itäs really surprising.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0