• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enter key not rendering effects in timeline

Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My enter key has decided that it no longer wants to render my effects on my timeline but instead it's going to play my sequence from the beginning. 

It worked once, then I canceled the operation, made a change to my timeline hit enter again, and not its a "play-from-the-beginning" button. 

restarted program x2

rebooted computer

checked shortcuts, still says it's programmed to render effects in work area.

ಠ_ಠ help

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Addendum: It seems that if you have nothing but hardware-accelerated effects applied this is the action it takes?? Adding more effects seems to produce the expected action.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

If it's grey it won't render anything. If it's yellow it will render if you set in and out points and choose Render In to Out. If it's red you can choose Render Effects, or Render Selection, or Render In to Out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason it plays is because of this being checked on in Preferences>Timeline:

PhillipJoseph_0-1599342483766.png

And instead of Render Effects, perhaps you want to set in/out points and use Render In to Out:

PhillipJoseph_1-1599342550338.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently premiere won't prerender these files, it is a lite enough workload that it won't bother. Adding more to it until the render bar is red, produces the expected outcome of pre-rendering.

(I was testing how much longer it would take to render with and without a specific effect applied by pre-rendering, apparently, the program won't even bother allowing me to prerender without said effect as it can play real-time without.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Did you see Phillips answer? You can set in and out points around what you want rendered and then it will, and you wont have to pile on effects you don't want, just to get it to render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's grey it won't render anything. If it's yellow it will render if you set in and out points and choose Render In to Out. If it's red you can choose Render Effects, or Render Selection, or Render In to Out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to choose Sequence > Render Entire Work Area. I do not set in and out on the sequence. The command Sequence > Render Effects in Work Area (with the ENTER shortcut) does nothing. I have no idea why "Render Effects in Work Area" and "Render Entire Work Area" are different but I'm sure it has something to do with setting markers or, as mentioned, the type of effects applied. Who cares? The old ENTER shortcut was nice; it seems to have changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I unclicked play after rendering previews, but now nothing will render. I set in and out points on where I wanted the clips to render and press enter, but it still will not render. The bar is also yellow, which means it should render/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same it won't render for me either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, you are here incognito?

2022-02-23_13-36-24.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, but I do see the user's username.

- Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working now. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It stil doesn't work though. I press enter but nothing happens even if i have set in and out points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it play OK without rendering?

I can sometimes play the timeline when it is red and almost always when it is yellow and it plays OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines