Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Entire track of audio turned to white noise

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

While working on a different sequence, the audio on tracks one and two of my primary sequence turned to complete white noise. I tried opening it up in Adobe Audition, and it's just a block of full blast static. I'm pulling my hair out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to save a new project and highlight the affected clips in the project panel and right click/replace footage with the same footage and see if this helps.

Make sure you're doing this to a new duplicate  copy of your project just to be safe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the response. It appears the audio file itself is somehow corrupted. I tried opening it in iTunes and it crashes around the 45 minute mark. I attemped a new mixdown of the same session to a new audio file, and the same issue occurs.

I just updated my Focusrite Scarlett Control software, because I got a report of some sort of issue with my audio devices. Then I shut down my computer for about a 30-45 seconds, turned it back on, and I'm now applying the effects rack to a duplicate copy of the waveform file apart from session view to see if that does the trick.

Further information: my video and audio are recorded seperately and then turned into Merged Clips in assembly.

As a side note, my Focusrite very recently stopped being recognized on startup before the update, and the same thing occurs post-update, but if I turn it off and back on, it recognizes with no issues. Perhaps it's connected.

Does any of the new information ring a bell to you? Thank you for your time and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .wav file saves fine, but when mixing down to .aif it stops at 42 minutes despite the recordings 4.5 hour actual duration (that continues to appear in iTunes and Quicktime when opening the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so your direction to replace the footage worked perfectly fine with the .wav file, though having to re-mark all of my in and out points is going to be a real joy, considering how rapid the edits are. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines